• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Favorite toys for your greys?!

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
So I am very new to "bigger" birds and I'd love some suggestions about toys your greys adore!

When we got our grey her cage had a couple size appropriate toys but then had parakeet toys. I took out all the unsafe ones at least and I'm going to give her a few days to settle in before I make any big changes to her cage.

Please post your grey's favorites and a link if you have them! DIY toys are fine to post about too!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Well you have to get some Avian Stainless for her for sure! All my greys just live all their AS toys! The best one is probably the Square Dance. I also give them lots of cardboard to chew. I'm waiting for some go aging balls that I can't wait to stuff with all sorts of fun stuff to keep them busy. My guys aren't huge chewers but do love thinner pine and birdie bagels and easy to destroy plastic pieces.

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
IMG_4633.JPG Louise loves her avian stainless bells best--as does Grady our guest grey. Avian Stainless is a vendor on here. Always take her a bit to get over fear but once she learns them they do not have to be re-introduced slowly. Grady has no fear of them, he just goes right at them. I just changed her bells and she has been ringing the heck out of it. She has a foraging wheel that she defeated quickly but I still fill that occasionally. She loves her acrylic toys with bells or beads in them, she will give them a good whack now and then. She loves beads. I have taken to getting ones with sturdy bases and leather laces so I can refill them as she goes through the beads pretty quick and it get expensive otherwise. She loves cork but goes through that in a day and it makes a huge mess so that is a more rare treat. She is not a big fan of the shredding toys that hang (look like a pineapple) but she will pull at them occasionally and they are full of color so I have one in there too. She likes to play ball on the floor or on her playstand top, but she is kind of a stinker about that. She will purposely throw the ball under furniture to get me to climb on the floor to dig it out. I swear I can hear her chuckle... she uses a rubber ball like the one that hangs on her other playstand but without the chain Her favorite on the play stand is a rubber ball on a chain, she hangs upside down on it, just bought a replacement of that and will try to post a picture of that.
I am anxious to see what others post, especially if they have pictures and links as I am always looking for the next perfect toy...
Please excuse Grady's messy cage. It was fresh yesterday before bed and he has dunked and shredded all day today and he is in the small guest cage...

Attachments

Last edited: