• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Droopy wings after flight

datlamb

Sprinting down the street
After flying a pretty short distance back to her cage, maybe taking one or two wing flaps, my cockatiels wings are droopy.
Is this a cause for concern or something flight training will fix?

Attachments

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm not sure I understand. But if she is holding her wings away from her body she is warm and that will cool her down.
That will be better when she is used to fly. Take it slow in the beginning. And best is to stop before she gets to warm.
If this is her first time flying don't train every day, she will just like us get exercise pain in their muscles and will need to rebuild them to get strong.
Train every second day the first two weeks.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I'm not sure I understand. But if she is holding her wings away from her body she is warm and that will cool her down.
That will be better when she is used to fly. Take it slow in the beginning. And best is to stop before she gets to warm.
If this is her first time flying don't train every day, she will just like us get exercise pain in their muscles and will need to rebuild them to get strong.
Train every second day the first two weeks.
Agreed. When I started Rupert out, I did it every 3 days, and only for a short time. (only a couple of laps from one perch to another)