• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So happy to announce

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Frankie and Bebe have moved in together.
We took the divider out the double wide cage last weekend to see how they would be together.I have to say they are both loving it!
They share all their toys now and Bebe is calming down from her "baby" days.
She is still the noisier of the two but seems to be considerably quieter these days.

They both feed each other or steal from each other now but it's comical to watch. Whenever Bebe wants something Frankie has she will just take it out of his mouth or claw or wherever it is.

Bebe was a bit cranky when Frankie went over to her side of the cage the first few nights, but when I uncovered them this morning was surprised to see both of them on the same java branch on Bebe's side all snuggled up together :)

She is still the Diva and demands a lot of attention but Frankie helps out with that now. He has even stopped going into his tunnel to be with her.

Must be love!

lol as i'm typing this they are doing the "kissy kissy" and feeding each other.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
They sound adorable together!!
:heart::hug6::heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Sounds so cute.

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
We love watching our buddies; Frankie and BeBe are just adorable! We watch for possible jealousy situations and amount of food each is getting via regular weighing as there are cases here where the A-type personalities take over the B type.

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Mush macs! Love it! Kissy kissy to them as a cute couple.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I love to watch same species bond , that is something we could never fulfill or replace,. it's so beautiful , especially in captive birds' to have that enrichment. :hug8:

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Aww...congrats to the happy couple!

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Thank you all.
@Big Blues I am watching them closely and am feeding them more now it seems. As you stated, Frankie likes to cheek out Bebe's food dish before he goes to his own.
Bebe always gets a top up to make sure she's getting enough.
During the day when I'm home they get lots of fruits and veggies and since I can monitor them easier it's fair share.
As for the toys, Bebe has taken to Frankies toy we had for him almost since we got him. I am more worried about her destroying it than he is.
He will say "bebe whatcha doin?" if she pulls it down, which is quite often and laugh about it. I just put it back up 2 minutes ago and she's yanked it down already.
She can be a brat!!!

@Joey wade Bebe is the same but Frankie has become very protective of her. She is more my partners bird but when she is on him, Frankie will scream the place down and his wings are flapping like he's having a hissy fit and will keep it up uvintil my partner puts her back on the play stand.
I can pick Bebe up and take her upstairs or in the kitchen, out of Frankie's sight and he won't bother.
Frankie is more my bird so I guess he trusts I won't hurt her. I can only speculate on his difference of attitude :)

I am going to video them tomorrow and hopefully one of the lovely mods (hint hint @Macawnutz) can help me post it.

Thank you all again for the nice comments and you will be able to see the lovebirds in action soon :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You are welcome.