• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

TOYS!!

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
My mac HATES toys other than his few favorite ones that I keep re-ordering. Like he will pretend it is not there. We had a fun toy that sat in his cage 6 months without being touched. I finally took it out and ta-da! now he will go to that part of his cage again.

that being said, my family is getting a WBC and I want to know what everyone's favorite toys are!! I am SO EXCITED (!!!!) to do some toy shopping :merlieshops: and get all the fun adorable toys that I see in everyone else's videos and pictures!

what are your caique's favorite toys? is there a type of wood that is better for them? how long do they take to go through them? It's going to be at least 2 months before she comes home, so plenty of time to buy/make a boat load of toys!

I'm kinda hoping my mac sees her playing with toys and gets the hang of what he is supposed to do with them :laugh:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Ooohhh Fun!! I love a good parrot toy shopping spree :excited1: I don't have a caique so I can't help you there. But there are so many great vendors and caique owners here I'm sure you'll get some great advice. Have fun with it and congrats on getting a new fid :cantwait:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Secret takes AGES to warm up to toys. The Christmas tree from Susan and Oliver's Garden is finally, nearly, gone. I'm thinking I should buy another quickly!!! But, I'm waiting on my turkey..... I'm tagging her @Susan and Oliver
OLIVER’S GARDEN BIRD TOYS

The only problem with those toys is you hate to give them to the birdies because they're so cool looking..... but man, they really dress the cage nicely.

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
Thanks guys!! Today I bought her some foot toys to leave in her cage she is in at the store and she went CRAZY with them, it was hilarious.
I will look into both shops!!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Rio has never met a toy he didn't like. :D He especially likes climbing up high on the ones hung from the ceiling. He's also discovered the parrotlet foot toys from (oh shoot. I am having a moment. The stainless steel welded ones)... today he took one of those out of the plet cage, brought it on the table, and continually dropped it and waited for me to pick it up. So I started catching it mid-air. So he moved to where I couldn't catch it. LOL

He seems to like softer wood slats the most. And I know Laurie has some great toys in her shop. I have my eye on quite a few!

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Cake's favourite toys are these:

The one on the left is hand-made using one of these, while the one on the right was bought in a shop down in Orlando (I don't remember the manufacturer :( ) but can be made using these.

Though anything with a bell will get him going. I just find that he prefers things that he can bite and shake without breaking. He tends to shatter things made out of thin plastic.

nikic613

Strolling the yard
Real Name
niki
Tidsy loves her foraging wheel a ton! She also oddly loves cheap parakeet loop toys basically anything and everything. When shes out of her cage my dogs stuffed animals become HER toys! Any rolly things and rubber duckies...not to mention things she can destroy!!!

EllaMay

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
As Macawnuts my first thought was @Laurie she has fab toys for the babes with her experience. She has the best tiel toys that keeps them entertained as well, on top of it fast shipping. :cool:

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
I have a gang of caiques. Their favourite toys are

1) Whatever I have in my hand
2) Any shiny watch or jewellery
3) Anything they are forbidden to touch
4) Bottlebrush
5) Empty boxes

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best

That also are a Pionus Top 3. :D

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle

4) Bottlebrush
5) Empty boxes
That sounds like my child's top 3 too... :laugh:

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
As Macawnuts my first thought was @Laurie she has fab toys for the babes with her experience. She has the best tiel toys that keeps them entertained as well, on top of it fast shipping. :cool:
Thanks so much!

If you search "caique" in the search box of my shop it will bring up some of the toys my guys love.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Cake's favourite toys are these:

The one on the left is hand-made using one of these, while the one on the right was bought in a shop down in Orlando (I don't remember the manufacturer :( ) but can be made using these.

Though anything with a bell will get him going. I just find that he prefers things that he can bite and shake without breaking. He tends to shatter things made out of thin plastic.
I could replicate the bottom.one for anyone interested.

Charity921

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Charity
Anything they can chew, shake, or hop around and roll over with! Jamie is never shy about new things, and dives right in. I basically fill up the basket with lots of little chewing things, and then pick them all back up... over and over. He also really seems to like the texture of the little 'sock monkey' dog toy and the fleece material (remnants I picked up at Hobby Lobby) that I've tied on the rack.
IMG_4592.JPG