• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

baby at the bus stop!

Heather F

Rollerblading along the road
So I was on my way to work and got to the bus stop and look what I saw at the base of the bus shelter next to the curb!
fluffbird.jpg

Another fellow looking at the wee little puffball said it must be a baby fallen from the nest, I wonder if we should pick it up so it doesn't wander into traffic.

I was like, actually it looks like its flight feathers are fully grown, it might be a little freaked out sitting there but I think it's a fledgling, I bet it has a parent in the tree who is still taking care of it. Maybe mom kicked it out of the nest and it's just a little stunned by the sudden change in scenery.

Sure enough, after a few minutes baby perked up and started looking around with interest and shortly thereafter took off up into the tree.

I couldn't get over how nearly spherical with fluff this little guy was! Anyone able to tell what species it is? My guess is some kind of warbler?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So cute. It's great that it was able to take off.

Diesel13

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Miranda
That little bub is so tiny and adorable!

Looks like an immature Bay-breasted Warbler to me :) The males grow up to be very pretty!