• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yes or no

Will he remain cuddly?

• Total voters

Milestone

Sprinting down the street
Should I get a male lovie for Birdy?

Will he remain my cuddly little guy even if he shares a cage with the other?

Please give your opinion in this poll.:)

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
It's completely situation dependant. Getting a friend is a good idea, but you need to be prepared and able to deal with the case where they don't get along and you need two cages and separate out times.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think it depends on whether YOU want another lovie. :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
A single bird who is left alone during the work day is a lonely bird. Even if he doesn't get along with a new bird and they are in separate cages, it will be good company for him. Are you setup for two cages if necessary?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
If I am not mistaken, you want another bird but you want your current one to be your friend -- right? This is a difficult struggle. Sometimes they get so enamored of another fid that they turn their back on you -- literally. Other times they want to claw each other's eyes out, and you have to split yourself between two. and most often, they like or at least tolerate each other, and you have 2 friends.

I think you need to figure out what you want from Birdy. If you love his cuddliness most of all, you might want to keep him single. If the reason you're considering another is because you want double the fun, know that it may not happen.

If you want a 2nd fid so he has a friend, so he's not so lonely, and/or to alleviate his boredom when you are not with him -- you might want to go ahead with it.

My 2 cents.
You can say all this back to me later, as I am struggling to decide whether to get a pal for my parrotlet. :D

Milestone

Sprinting down the street
A single bird who is left alone during the work day is a lonely bird. Even if he doesn't get along with a new bird and they are in separate cages, it will be good company for him. Are you setup for two cages if necessary?
No, I'm not. And I'm kinda pressed for space, so maybe it's not a good idea after all.
If I am not mistaken, you want another bird but you want your current one to be your friend -- right? This is a difficult struggle. Sometimes they get so enamored of another fid that they turn their back on you -- literally. Other times they want to claw each other's eyes out, and you have to split yourself between two. and most often, they like or at least tolerate each other, and you have 2 friends.

I think you need to figure out what you want from Birdy. If you love his cuddliness most of all, you might want to keep him single. If the reason you're considering another is because you want double the fun, know that it may not happen.

If you want a 2nd fid so he has a friend, so he's not so lonely, and/or to alleviate his boredom when you are not with him -- you might want to go ahead with it.

My 2 cents.
You can say all this back to me later, as I am struggling to decide whether to get a pal for my parrotlet. :D

Yes I absolutely want to keep his cuddly nature! But I'm really torn between getting another or not. However I'm thinking right now is not the right time, I can't rush into this like I was going to.

Lol, ok I'll tell you.:)