• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for Pbfd+ bird in Southern California area

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Thanks for the update. I hope you find a bird soon.

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I certainly hope you find the right bird for you.

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
@iamwhoiam do you think maybe our vet might know someone who could be of help?

MeinRabe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kay
@iamwhoiam do you think maybe our vet might know someone who could be of help?
Please. I'm willing to contact anyone who may help.

I really want a pbfd+ bird. My life feels so empty without a bird, and I cannot in good conscience purchase a pbfd negative bird. There's a bird somewhere that needs me as much as I need him. I have to try my hardest to find him.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
You are truly a special person to want to take on such a challenging situation. Keep searching...you will find that bird that needs you...

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I sent an e mail to the Phoenix landing bird rescue group asking if they know of any for adoption. It takes them a while to respond.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I got a response from the agency above and copied it for you to read.

Hi Dianne, PBFD is really serious, very contagious, no cure, and very painful for the bird. Thank goodness it’s rare. If it is diagnosed, most veterinarians recommend euthanasia. I’m glad you know someone that has been able to manage it in a bird, but it can quickly take a turn for the worse. We’re not aware of any birds currently with PBFD. Ann

MeinRabe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kay
I got a response from the agency above and copied it for you to read.

Hi Dianne, PBFD is really serious, very contagious, no cure, and very painful for the bird. Thank goodness it’s rare. If it is diagnosed, most veterinarians recommend euthanasia. I’m glad you know someone that has been able to manage it in a bird, but it can quickly take a turn for the worse. We’re not aware of any birds currently with PBFD. Ann
That's pretty much been the response I've been getting.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:heart: That may take a while & in a few onths the bird may die again breaking your heart but it is a very nobile gesture.
In most serious cases it probably is near the end for most of these birds & may be best for euthanasia then to subject eh bird to a painful demise as not many may ave much good life left/

You can with serious effort make your home safe again but the procedure would be rigorous.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
This is interesting. F10 is supposed to kill the virus but seems some are treating the birds>>>???

http://www.meadowsah.com/home/assets/docs/f10-articles/The Facts-Issue 2.pdf

Looks really hard to clean up after it. Fogging & maybe repainting & washing all textiles/ carpets with F10....There was someone in Dubai who did it after her young grey died. Fetching Finches..perhaps a search othe the disease & treatment might bring it up...

Last edited:

MeinRabe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kay
Got a promising lead!

I found a rescue that apparently encounters infected love birds with a high frequency. They said they will contact me as soon as they have a bird available. This made my day! I really don't mind the size of the bird at this point, even if it's small, this lovebird is going to get spoiled with love, toys, treats, and anything I can do to ease his pain!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Crossing fingers.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
@MeinRabe
the facebook post above sure sounds like a match! let us know!

MeinRabe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kay
Hello everyone.

I was actually contacted about this bird. I've done some hard thinking and have decided to retire from birds. In a few years I may get another bird, but I'm just not emotionally ready. I thought I was, but I've realized I'm not.

I feel so sorry for this bird and its human, and for letting him down. I hope he finds a home and someone to love him. I'm sorry everyone.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sadhug2:

That is a heartbreaking case for the bird & its human & 8 kids some of which are i bad shape themselves...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Hello everyone.

I was actually contacted about this bird. I've done some hard thinking and have decided to retire from birds. In a few years I may get another bird, but I'm just not emotionally ready. I thought I was, but I've realized I'm not.

I feel so sorry for this bird and its human, and for letting him down. I hope he finds a home and someone to love him. I'm sorry everyone.
You have to do what you feel is right for you. You're not letting anyone down. Losing a bird is hard and we all have to heal in our own way and in our own time.

Status
Not open for further replies.