• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

what was the first words your parrot said?

apollosparents

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michael & Shana
Thank you PrettyBirdy for bringing this thread back from the dead. Welcome to the forum. Your guy is a cutie. We have several parrots so several first words. Our Cape Apollo's first words was: "Yummy Yummy Yummy" which morphed into "wanna yummy yummy yummy" to "you/we/apollo want a yummy yummy yummy?" and even throws the other birds names in there. He will even do "yummy yummy yummy corn/beans/peas and for some reason occasionally throws "kisses" on the end of it.

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
Kiwi just started talking a couple months ago and he just let out a string of phrases. Mostly "Hi Kiwi!" And "Wanna kiss?" And kissy noises. He just started saying "stop it!" And making wild bird noises.

Kolkri

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
My quaker Topaz said Peek a boo first. Not sure about my Indian ring neck cause my quaker taught him to talk and I thought it was my quaker for the longest time cause it only happened when I was not in the room. lol
One of my cakes says pretty bird the other does not talk. Just whispers a lot.

Chihuahua

gabby already spoke when i got him so the first thing he said to me was "hi gabby" lol. when i'm with him he sometimes seems to be practicing for new phrases! he came to me knowinh hi gabby, gabby gabby gabby, give a kiss, step up, hello, and he makes a kiss noise if you say give a kiss, and also does a like... clicking sound, like if you're calling a shy pet.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
My quaker, Blu's, first words *to me* were - I love you. He says it every morning to get me to wake up and open up his sleep cage :xflove:

He was 1 & 1 /2 when I got him, and knew a bunch of phrases from his past -Hi, Hello, Hi Blu, Hey Blu, Happy birthday (that's one of his favorites that I get to hear all.the.time. I am guessing that 1st bday was a really good day for him :) ) I love you, I like that, come here, step up, Yeah!, Brrr, and laughs like the sweetiest child- pure joy.

In the almost 2 months that I've had him he's picked up a couple of new things. He says -you like that, Good bird, pretty bird, makes smooch sounds, followed by thank you, what ya doin, peek a boo (also variations of it like peekapeekabooo, and peek a boo boo, all from me saying it once) Before eating he makes an eating noise followed by mmmmm, He coughs (I had a cough the first 3 days that I owned him:bored:) He gulps when I reach for my coffee cup (I never even realized I gulpo_O) He makes a zipper sound when I reach for my make up bag, he imitates the sound my door makes, and he laughs like me now. (Not so cheerful-kind of evil :eek:)

He also whispers sometimes, and also sounds like a robot, in a nonstop stream of chatter that I can't quite make out.
:)

Last edited:

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
Still waiting, but it is very early yet...
Will probably be, "Good bird." if/when it happens.
I swear like sailor - would rather they didn't pick up that!

Other likely one is, "Tiki, Hush!" Tiki is our Chihuahua. ...come to think of it, wonder how that shrill ear piercing bark compares to the screech of a 'too.

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
If I remember correctly it was... "Time for Bed" or "Love you" and about the same time that my wife called the "Loony Farm" to have two men dressed in white take me away (The first of many)! :toofunny:

Kim20013

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kimberly
Pippys 1st birthday was Saturday and she woke me up chattering when all of a sudden I heard her saying "whatcha doing Pippy? Whatcha doing" over and over. I couldn't believe it, I'm still super excited.

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
Mango's first word was "step up." She also says "hi!" (drawn out like I say "hi"), makes the kissing sound when I say "kiss, kiss," and attempts to say "kiss, kiss," but only gets out "ki, ki!" LOL She also repeats 3 different whistling patterns I make. If I spent a bit of time teaching her to talk, I really think she'd have a larger vocabulary. She learns very fast.

WingMan

Moving in
A friend of mine had a parrot and I was to witness his first word "hi"