• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nutriberries

Vera

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vera
I'm having a hard time finding the parakeet or cockatiel size nutriberries for my parrotlets, can I use the nutriberries for bigger parrots as well?

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Sure, I think so BUT they may not want to try and eat big food plus the bits inside are probably bigger too. We usually use the medium sized ones for our Maxi Pionus and he loves them but he prefers s larger size. If they don't have the bigger ones we use the cockatiel size and he usually eats them. Birds can get really picky at times and maybe you can order online to get the sizes you need so everyone stays happy.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I use the nutriberries for parrots for my cockatiels all the time. The little ones seem to disappear too quickly.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I buy mine on drs. Foster and Smith

Sand

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sand
what the heck with everyones birds loving nutriberries?
my three birds never ate them, then i put some outside (squirrels & birds) FOUR DAYS -no one touched them.
my most sweet budgie actually picked up the whole nutriberry and tossed it (yes I'm serious) on the floor. I kept putting it back in his dish. he tossed it OUT of the cage. no dummy is he.
maybe i got a spoiled bag?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
what the heck with everyones birds loving nutriberries?
my three birds never ate them, then i put some outside (squirrels & birds) FOUR DAYS -no one touched them.
my most sweet budgie actually picked up the whole nutriberry and tossed it (yes I'm serious) on the floor. I kept putting it back in his dish. he tossed it OUT of the cage. no dummy is he.
maybe i got a spoiled bag?

Mine ignored them for 4 years lol

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
The ingredients are different, not just the size, so it is best to get the ones labelled for your bird type. My guys are GCCs but prefer the cockatiel berry size. I was told it would be okay to give them those as a treat with a balanced diet but not to use as a staple unless labelled for conures.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Rio does not like them. Got all sorts of samples...He's fussy!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The ingredients are different, not just the size, so it is best to get the ones labelled for your bird type. My guys are GCCs but prefer the cockatiel berry size. I was told it would be okay to give them those as a treat with a balanced diet but not to use as a staple unless labelled for conures.

I never noticed that the ingredients were different between cockatiel and conure! I do use them only as a treat (they get 2 a day) but that's interesting. They won't touch any of the other sizes!

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I never noticed that the ingredients were different between cockatiel and conure! I do use them only as a treat (they get 2 a day) but that's interesting. They won't touch any of the other sizes!
Apparently they are geared towards the needs of the different birds (so say my vet and supplier) but it only matters if fed as a main diet.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Apparently they are geared towards the needs of the different birds (so say my vet and supplier) but it only matters if fed as a main diet.

They sent me the cockatiel samples when i told them I had Quakers, wonder if that means the cockatiel formula is what they recommend anyways?

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
They sent me the cockatiel samples when i told them I had Quakers, wonder if that means the cockatiel formula is what they recommend anyways?
I hope I haven't started a tempest in a teacup. This site gives the breakdown
Nutri-Berries™ | Pet Birds by Lafeber Co.
The difference seems to be in the fat content and the omegas. Strange they don't even have Quakers in their list. My vet probably mentioned it as my guys eat them for their morning meal, not just occasional treats.

Sand

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sand
Lol, i just figured if the squirrels and outdoor Birds would not touch them after 4 days , that says volumes and I just threw the rest of them out

Sand

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sand
Maybe the cockatiel ones are their most popular seller and that's why they sent them? How do you guys get samples sent to you are you famous underwear models or something?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Maybe the cockatiel ones are their most popular seller and that's why they sent them? How do you guys get samples sent to you are you famous underwear models or something?

Contact them through their website or Facebook :)