• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Basketball training thread

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Reinforced individual basketball training. @Macawnutz whatshould I do about JoJo bullying Chickie when they both want to train together? If I try to break it up, he bites me! Have you ever had a problem like this?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I'm so so impressed! @saroj12 that is just fantastic training. Don't know how I missed this thread.

Very impressed that you're inspiring a new generation also.

Thanks! I started threads for all my birds except the cage territorial Jackson. For him first thing I need to do is get him comfy on the table.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Reinforced individual basketball training. @Macawnutz whatshould I do about JoJo bullying Chickie when they both want to train together? If I try to break it up, he bites me! Have you ever had a problem like this?

It's jealousy, I have it with Maui and as he is so flighted he won't wait his turn. For me I use more than one ball but I see you are trying to simulate a game. It's new to them and exciting, it should get better with time. In my show when I need an extra second, I drop an extra piece of food. I assume Jojo is trying to take the ball? He knows what he is doing now, be a little slow to dispense his treat so Chickie has time to do her ball.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Those are great videos, Saroj! I loved the ones of them playing together and Chickie running so fast to avoid Jojo! :rofl: Chickie flying to play was quite impressive too! :)

If Jojo doesn't cool it with his bullying, you might want to switch to a less favoured treat, something he likes but not quite as much as the walnuts.
I gave up training as Tiki was WAY too excited about the treats; she would demand (barking loudly at me) to train as soon as I got home before I could get their cages cleaned and get them downstairs. And I got bit several times to bleeding by my sweet little non-biter. And I accidentally flung her across the room pulling my hand away. I felt so bad I gave up. :( But the trainer suggested something less valuable as a treat. I was using almond pieces. But your videos make me want to try again and get the BB hoop! :D

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Those are great videos, Saroj! I loved the ones of them playing together and Chickie running so fast to avoid Jojo! :rofl: Chickie flying to play was quite impressive too! :)

If Jojo doesn't cool it with his bullying, you might want to switch to a less favoured treat, something he likes but not quite as much as the walnuts.
I gave up training as Tiki was WAY too excited about the treats; she would demand (barking loudly at me) to train as soon as I got home before I could get their cages cleaned and get them downstairs. And I got bit several times to bleeding by my sweet little non-biter. And I accidentally flung her across the room pulling my hand away. I felt so bad I gave up. :( But the trainer suggested something less valuable as a treat. I was using almond pieces. But your videos make me want to try again and get the BB hoop! :D

thanks Jennifer! Good idea about the treat value, I just bought the larger hoop for BScoot, I also have skates for him

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I just bought the larger hoop for BScoot, I also have skates for him
omg BScoot dunking a basketball, I hope he does it!!! Too adorable!!! :heart: and skates!! :hehe:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
omg BScoot dunking a basketball, I hope he does it!!! Too adorable!!! :heart: and skates!! :hehe:
the hoops were hard to find so I'm stocking up!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
they played hoops together tonight quite nicely, no fights.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
the hoops were hard to find so I'm stocking up!
Are you getting the mini hoop? If you need more, you can call Ann at Funtime Birdy and she can order that for you.
You can also order directly from Mango Pet products although shipping can be a bit high.

Caique Johnson

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Lucy
CJ loves to play fetch, basketball and ring toss. She waves, flips and spins too but I can't film it as she is in love with apple products. As soon as she sees the iPhone, everything else in the universe ceases to exist. I have to put it in an envelope with a tiny window cut out like a spy and that makes it hard to catch the action.

The funniest thing is, if she wants something, she'll run over and start waving. She did it at a macaw at the vets office the other day.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Are you getting the mini hoop? If you need more, you can call Ann at Funtime Birdy and she can order that for you.
You can also order directly from Mango Pet products although shipping can be a bit high.

msbs caries them but i could not find them at my go to place Amazon!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
CJ loves to play fetch, basketball and ring toss. She waves, flips and spins too but I can't film it as she is in love with apple products. As soon as she sees the iPhone, everything else in the universe ceases to exist. I have to put it in an envelope with a tiny window cut out like a spy and that makes it hard to catch the action.

The funniest thing is, if she wants something, she'll run over and start waving. She did it at a macaw at the vets office the other day.

awww that's so cute!! So happy to have another caique member on board! Welcome!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
msbs caries them but i could not find them at my go to place Amazon!
How many do you have now?
I am thinking about buying another one. I wanted Roswell & SETI to have a game against each other but they weren't that interested in playing with the one we have. They just wanted to go off and explore. Granted I didn't have any treats for them but my birds are weird and many times when I give them treats they will throw them and laugh (probably posted that before). It's probably because I've play "catch" with them and I will toss a ball into something or hand it to them and then they will toss it back at me and laugh. They've generalized the behavior. That's what they were doing with the ball for the mini hoop...tossing it at me and laughing.
I probably need to find some new and very delectable treat for them.

Sophie, on the other hand, will put the ball in the basket. Thought about having her play against her sister but they will start chasing each other and fighting. :(

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Two minis and a small on the way. They are very stable. They played nicely together yesterday for a while then got into a fight. Can the others watch you fussing over Sophie and giving her treats? They might copy her.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sophie doesn't care about the treats that much. She likes the verbal praise and being scratched/petted. Sometimes she will take a treat and eat it but most of the time she will do the same thing that her brothers do, take the treat, toss it and laugh. I need to find my video camera and take some videos of her playing basketball and also using the color sort toy. I originally bought the hoop for Jaden because he likes throwing balls in cups but he is afraid of the hoop.

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Love love the vids!

I have a dozen is that over the top? I ordered many months ago thinking she will destroy them. Well she hasn't touch them other than having blast putting objects and including the oddest toys ever to dunk in the basket. Ella is all into the what happens when it comes out of the dunk and she is entertained to the fullest level. Makes me smilles and laugh alot.

Ella does is with no treats she loves the "Good Girl" shout when she dunks and golfs or throw the ball etc. Her rewards is my comments which is awesome.

Look forward to more vids of BScoot so much fun!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Love love the vids!

I have a dozen is that over the top? I ordered many months ago thinking she will destroy them. Well she hasn't touch them other than having blast putting objects and including the oddest toys ever to dunk in the basket. Ella is all into the what happens when it comes out of the dunk and she is entertained to the fullest level. Makes me smilles and laugh alot.

Ella does is with no treats she loves the "Good Girl" shout when she dunks and golfs or throw the ball etc. Her rewards is my comments which is awesome.

Look forward to more vids of BScoot so much fun!

Ella, performing without treats! :ygg:
thanks April!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Sophie doesn't care about the treats that much. She likes the verbal praise and being scratched/petted. Sometimes she will take a treat and eat it but most of the time she will do the same thing that her brothers do, take the treat, toss it and laugh. I need to find my video camera and take some videos of her playing basketball and also using the color sort toy. I originally bought the hoop for Jaden because he likes throwing balls in cups but he is afraid of the hoop.
would love to see Sophie in action!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Today Chickie brought the ball over and begged to play solo basketball! She runs so fast with the ball!