• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OMG Grandma is Holding BEAUTIES!!!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I use lunch bags for my 2, I can show you in pictures tomorrow.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
things got hectic I'll get it done today.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I have them done just need to get pics on the puter.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I did 2 of them. simple one, the other a little more jazzy.
I cracked my crazy bone in my elbow and had no feeling in my fingers for day and half.
simple one
IMG_0001.JPG

jazzy one
IMG_0002.JPG

simply fill the bottom of the bag with treats or shred

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
@rocky'smom So you attached beads and colored paper to the top of the bag and then filled it with shred? (the second one)

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
@Rolanda I'll put the instruction on later today. my asthma is kicking my back side this AM

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
lawn mowing day in the complex, stirs everything up including my wheezing.
I finished another one even more jazzy.
IMG_0011.JPG

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I did complete pictures from start to finish I'll post in enrichment and forging.

Rolanda

Just a quick post to let you all know that Grandma is out of town this weekend. I will be visiting next weekend with toys and food. It gives me more time to work on the Activity mats I wanted to make. My friend had it Amazon deliver to my house TO: Rolanda "The Bird Whisperer". :hehe: I'll mix it and put it back in the bags for her. The last time she had given it to them a bag at a time and we think she lost a bag somewhere as well. This way at least they will get the benefit of all of the foods together.

Rolanda

I got a box from TNT! I just LOVE you @Jan!!! You know why!!!:heart::heart::heart:
Here are some new things that will be going to the Babies this weekend... Sorry, My Mia was disheartened because she always thinks that things that come out of boxes belong to her.:xflove:
20170731_164802.jpeg
(No I am not worried about her being near them... there are dogs at Grandma's and Malti-Poos are on the Hypo-Allergenic list-she doesn't shed. They came out of the bag for a pic and right back in!)

Last edited:

Rolanda

All Right guys. This is my first attempt at making some Activity wall/play things things for The Babies. Let me know what you think. Don't be too brutal. I still have a couple of things coming from MSBS I can add. They are both made with 12 x 12 sea grass mats. The second one is folded in half and has shred paper and coco fiber in it. This is for the Derbyan, JJ, he likes shredding, and ripping things apart. The last time I took him a toy that was similar and he tore it apart while I was there.
upload_2017-8-2_6-41-1.png
upload_2017-8-2_6-41-51.png

Last edited:

Rolanda

I got a box from TNT! I just LOVE you @jmfleish !!! You know why!!!:heart::heart::heart:
Here are some new things that will be going to the Babies this weekend... Sorry, My Mia was disheartened because she always thinks that things that come out of boxes belong to her.:xflove:
View attachment 254416
(No I am not worried about her being near them... there are dogs at Grandma's and Malti-Poos are on the Hypo-Allergenic list-she doesn't shed. They came out of the bag for a pic and right back in!)
I LOVE You too Jan but I totally Messed up and I meant JEN @ TNT!!! SHE knows why!!!
Sometimes I'm such a Dink!!!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Those activity mats are great! :D

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
OMG! I don't know how I missed this thread! Rolanda, don't thank me, I should be thanking you and if I knew that you were taking toys over to these birds, I would have put more in there for you! This is such a wonderful thing you are doing for them! My heart is just all aflutter!

Don't be shy with the 2"x4"s, they make great toys for the bigger birds and the birds who chew a lot. I've met one Derbyan in my life and OMG could he chew! I don't know if this little Derbyan is the same way but I've heard that they are huge chewers. You definitely want to have lots of varied perches in their cages but one of the greatest things to have for the bigger birds are these wonderful little attachments you can put in their cages that are literally designed to hold 2"x4"s and they can buzz right through them! Then, if you know their cage length, you can go to Home Depot and pick out untreated 2"x4"s and have Home Depot cut them to the size you need and just slip them right in the cage. Another amazing thing that I love and use a great deal in my house is the Expandable Habitat's skewers. You can refill them with all sorts of stuff to keep them busy. I am so going to get you two for each birdie! I will fill them as well! One you can use for toys and the other you can use for fruits and veggies!

Rolanda, you truly are the Bird Whisperer! Keep up the good work!

Rolanda

Oh, I forgot to send these Pics of me mixing the 3 bags of food, (plus some that I had) to take over. I had THE BOSS Supervising the whole time...
upload_2017-8-2_7-16-28.png upload_2017-8-2_7-17-18.png
He insisted on Payment for his hard work!
upload_2017-8-2_7-19-43.png
(I just realized that Mia is in one of these photos in the background. I am well aware that we need to be VERY careful with our pets, and insure the safety of our birds. Mo was very safe and at least 2 feet away from her. I take care to insure that everyone is safe in my home.)

Last edited:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You did a great job with those activity mats! I like to use plain pizza boxes from a restaurant supply place (GFS), too. They're fairly cheap.