• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage problem, sorta..

Birdlovesme

Sprinting down the street
My cockatiel, Honey (Jeremy) has a fairly small cage. I moved her into a longer cage temporarily, in till I get a better one. Feel bad looking at her old cage... (I didn't get it for her, I got her from another owner..)
This is her old cage

Attachments

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It's very sad how common small cages are. I think alot of It boils down pure ignorance. I just switched where I buy my bird food. Its a really nice store, they don't sell pets which I like and the staff are nice and knowledgeable. But there are these small birdcages lining one of their top shelves. :(

I'm glad to hear that you are getting a bigger cage for Honey :)

Last edited:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I had my cockatiel in an Avian Adventure. I forget name of it but it was one size bigger than the nina cage. Chiquita I think it was called. Its a nice size. Sorry I forgot the dimensions. @Animallover03 has a good size cage. Maybe she chime in :) And let you know what her cage is. :)

hotfoot jackson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
I made my own cage for Dusty my corella, as I couldn't find one the right size. It has stainless steel mesh on a wooden base and big lockable wheels,l which made it easy to reach in and clean. I have made others out of plain weld mesh for recue birds I have had. Its quite easy really...do give it a go if you can't find what you want.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I often take 2 cages and zip tie them together at the facing side, to make a longer cage.

We tried to do this last week with a pair of Prevue Hendryx cages... hubby washed them and took one side off, to find that the bars are welded into the frame! So back they went into the bird room as separate cages. So check that, before buying.