• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lories of The Avenue - show us your lorikeets and lories!!!!

blackivory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chels
@JAM looky

Reactions: JAM

Piki's Ben

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Ben MacAran
Just a couple of Piki, who runs this place, his dog, Rocky, and his new 'baby brother', Zeke the 8 week old orphan magpie. 100_0007.JPG 100_8566.JPG 100_0039.JPG 100_0045 (2).JPG 010.JPG 017.JPG

There's also a photo of the two baby sparrows we raised from naked babies till release. The little female sparrow still returns and sits in Piki's cage with him before flying away again.

Piki's Ben

Real Name
Ben MacAran
Just got the DNA report today on Zeke. Turns out "little brother Zeke" has turned out to be "little sister Zeka". Nevertheless, the two are inseparable with poor Rocky claimed as their personal property and sometimes horse.

Piki's Ben

Real Name
Ben MacAran
Just a quick update on my 'three musketeers', Piki, Rocky and Zeka. Piki has just turned 7 years old (he was hatched on the same day my youngest grandson was born . . . twins?) Rocky has just turned 14 and Zeka, the magpie is over 6 months old. The three are now inseperable and are now spending the colder days of winter cuddled by the fireplace. Piki and Zeka spend the days on my shoulder and I've given up trying to keep my shirts clean. I'm considering getting a flight suit for Zeka, but can't get a definite answer on which size to get. Piki is toilet trained so lets me know when he wants to "go poopy" so no problems on his part. Any suggestions would be helpful. I've enclosed a photo of the family. 20170521_142804.jpg