• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue Headed Pionus

Beth In Alaska

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Beth
my dear friend Kirt and his partner Roger have made the difficult decision to give up their beloved pionus due to terrible allergies. They have tried many solutions and it has not solved the issue. I know the bird is their baby and they would only rehome in a dire circumstance.

Riley is 13 and very laid back. Is used to being the only bird but likes other birds at the bird sitters house. Warms up faster to men but likes women too. They will deliver him to the right home. He has been with them since he was a baby. He is not clipped but does not fly.

He is drop dead gorgeous. I would try him as a companion for Popper except for Rio!

IMG_0415.JPG IMG_0414.JPG IMG_0416.JPG

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's stunning - love that photo of him with the apple! I hope he finds someone to love him just as much as his current people do.

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Wow. :xflove: Pionus parrots are one of my dream birds... If only I were in a situation where I could take him in right now, but it's just not realistic at the moment. :( He seems like a sweetheart, though. I'm sure someone will offer him a good home soon...

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Hello you may want to post the location as that would be a factor in the rehoming.

He is gorgeous and sounds well cared for. I know it must be difficult to consider rehoming.

Best Wishes

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Too bad I am way too far.

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
His owners will fly him to his new owners. If I posted the location no one would answer.
You may want to post details of diet, vet care etc. But perhaps you are only revealing this to those off line. I hope he finds the right home. Best wishes.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
In texas. Would have to ship to McAllen or Harlingen

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Well I wouldn't want to buy a persons round trip ticket to here.

Lieca Lawrence

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Lieca Lawrence
my dear friend Kirt and his partner Roger have made the difficult decision to give up their beloved pionus due to terrible allergies. They have tried many solutions and it has not solved the issue. I know the bird is their baby and they would only rehome in a dire circumstance.

Riley is 13 and very laid back. Is used to being the only bird but likes other birds at the bird sitters house. Warms up faster to men but likes women too. They will deliver him to the right home. He has been with them since he was a baby. He is not clipped but does not fly.

He is drop dead gorgeous. I would try him as a companion for Popper except for Rio!

View attachment 249779 View attachment 249780 View attachment 249781
Hi Beth, Kirt and Roger. I currently have one Blue Headed Pionus and am looking for a playmate. I also have an African Grey. We can discuss more if you would like to contact me.