• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kings Cages: corner vs playpen cage

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Does anyone have firsthand experience and reviews of the Kings corner cage and/or Kings Superior Line Playtop cage (34" long by 24" deep)?

I'm looking for a new cage for my CAG, and am torn between these two.

Do corner cages actually give you space? Or does their configuration waste space a rectangular cage provides?

Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
The one consistent comment I've heard about the corner cage, is that they are hard to clean. Can't put them just any place either.

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
The one consistent comment I've heard about the corner cage, is that they are hard to clean. Can't put them just any place either.
Thank you for the input!

AvianCrew

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
michelle
:bump8:

Ribbit21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
My grey has the Kings corner cage. I love it!! It is huge and feels much more roomy than the other birds traditional cages. It's super easy to clean because I just move to bottom trays away and climb in.

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
My grey has the Kings corner cage. I love it!! It is huge and feels much more roomy than the other birds traditional cages. It's super easy to clean because I just move to bottom trays away and climb in.

Great to know! Thank you! I'm pretty sure I'll go with the corner cage.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Do you have to fold the newspaper a certain way for it to fit in the tray?
Those corner cages are huge in real life and would love one if I had an available corner I could move cages to

Teagan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Teagan
The King corner cage makes me have serious cage envy. Someday (in 4 or 5 years) I plan to get 2 Caiques and I would love a corner cage like that for them. Of course I would also love that cage for my cockatiels, they would have some bird party space for sure!

Ribbit21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
Do you have to fold the newspaper a certain way for it to fit in the tray?
Those corner cages are huge in real life and would love one if I had an available corner I could move cages to

I don't use the bottom trays because Josie spends a lot of time on the cage floor and I'd rather she walked on the paper instead of the grates. I overlap 4 sheets of newspaper over the grates. One full sheet only covers the back corner of the cage.