• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New routine at night....

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Since I've begun to use a CPAP at night, we have a new routine at bedtime. The lights have to be turned on for a bit, which Milton doesn't like. This happened last night...

I hear the sound of a large poop hitting the paper in cage...

Me: Nice poop, Bird...

Milton: "THANK YOU...LIGHT OUT NOW!"

Me: Not yet...wait a second...

Milton: "NO LIGHT OUT NOW...BAD BIRD"....

Wife: You have to wait a minute, Milton...

Milton: "YOU BAD BIRD TOO!" (This is the first time Milty has ever added the word "too" to make us aware he knows there's someone else talking to him...amazing)

From the other room, some other bird has heard this commotion...

Buddy: SSSSSCCCCRRRRREEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTCCCCHHHHHH.....

Finally, everything is secure, and lights are turned out....

Milton: "BOUT TIME...GOOD NITE"...

:wacky: :goodnight2:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
hey bob I sleep on CPAP also. When Bebe was in quarantine there was always a little chatter while I adjusted straps and got comfortable. Good luck with sleeping on CPAP it took me 18 months before I slept all the way thru the night on it. not I can't sleep with out it.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Amazing Milton! :)

Loppy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jen
"BOUT TIME." I love it!!! Just the story I needed on this grey day.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
hey bob I sleep on CPAP also.
It's definitely challenging to use the thing. My problem is that the machine is set on such a high setting that the velcro straps wear out before the insurance company will pay for new straps. When the straps wear out, it loosens the mask seal, which defeats the whole purpose of the machine...:(

Rolanda

So Amazing how he's putting words together... appropriately.
Adam actually stopped the video games for a Milton story that included "POOP". That's the way I billed it. No comparison! :lol:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
So Amazing how he's putting words together... appropriately.
Adam actually stopped the video games for a Milton story that included "POOP". That's the way I billed it. No comparison! :lol:
When I'm talking to kids at school, I always get their attention when I say, "Poop happens"...;)

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:laughing6:Milton is so funny and smart! What a command of the English language!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:loltears::pinklol:

Oooh guess I got poop on the brain as I thought everyone was sleeping with /on CRAP...

:batonthehead:

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
:rofl:Well it was about time you got that light put out dad..i mean geesh dont you know his majestys sleep is way more important that you breathing!

Rolanda

It's definitely challenging to use the thing. My problem is that the machine is set on such a high setting that the velcro straps wear out before the insurance company will pay for new straps. When the straps wear out, it loosens the mask seal, which defeats the whole purpose of the machine...:(
My Husband started using one about 3 months ago and the struggle continues for him as well. We have paid out of pocket for a LOT of supplies. Some nights he just can't stand it!
@cassiesdad I'll pm you with some things that might help you out
Don't hide that information Laurie... Share, Sister, Share!:D

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I have slept on CPAP for 14+ years. the first 18 months I would pull my mask off and fling the D@^^ thing as far away from me as possible, in my sleep. I actually found it behind my bedroom door about 10 feet from my bed. my pressures were not correct they were too low. after home sleep study they raised my pressures 2 points, made the difference.
what I told @cassiesdad is this: the Velcro teeth part tends to vacuum up a lot of fuzz from sheets, blankets, hair from whom ever is sleeping with it. they get clogged with all the stuff and they don't do their job properly, keeping fasten during the night. what I do is take another piece toothed side of Velcro and comb thru the offending piece. you will be surprised all the junk that comes out of it. you can use strips of vet wrap tightly wound over the Velcro to keep it tight during the night. it does help but also collects fuzz and hair.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:lol:

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya

I sew backups for husband. If anyone in your family sews, I'm willing to post a little how-to with pictures.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I'm surprised Milton has not learned to snore. Toos are dusty so the bedroom is not the best place for them if you have a hard time breathing.

Milton is so smart its just amazing.

Hope you get used to that thing. Gosh getting older & the health issues can really be trying.