• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Attention all Linnie owners..."HELP"

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
How old were your babies when they weaned and got to come home? They are adorable Patty. Still waiting to get mine!!

Patty Girl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Pat , Trisha, Patty Girl
How old were your babies when they weaned and got to come home? They are adorable Patty. Still waiting to get mine!!
Hi Barbara, Mine were hatched around the end of October (the breeder never really gave me the hatch date) And I was able to take them home at the end of December...So, mine were around two months old I'd say. They are now approaching 6 months. One of them "talks" all the time, and tries to whistle too. He calls me "Baby" When I leave the room he'll say "Baby, baby, come here.." You will so enjoy your birds! This is a great type of little parrot. When do you think yours will be ready? What colors? My "talking one is turquoise. talk later.....

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Patty, How are your little Linnies doing? I have never got the call yet. Am anxiously waiting. Have ask for pictures also but none yet... How old were yours when they were weaned?
Barb

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
I understand they were hatching in March but have not heard back or got the call yet. I am going to get two also, both boys....I would have thought they would have been ready to go by now. Just wondered how old yours were when they were weaned. Looking forward to getting them. Glad yours are doing so good. They are beautiful!! Thank you

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Glad you have them. Just too cute for words. Suggest you remove the sleep hut because over time they will invest the fuzz and it blocks the crop. There are many alternatives.

Patty Girl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Pat , Trisha, Patty Girl
Hi Barbara, Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Was sick for awhile, much better now. I know the last few weeks are so very hard to wait. A really good breeder will not sell the babies til they are really eating well on their own. I remember my seller telling me she'd send pictures too, but I never got any either. And you are like on pins and needles so anxious to see your new babies...that's how I felt back then. Did you pay a DEPOSITE??? I hope so, as that will ensure you they are coming to you. Let me know about that. Also, do you know anyone who has bought from her/him before?

Patty Girl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Pat , Trisha, Patty Girl
Hi Dianne, Yes, I got rid of the hut right away when you sent me the story of the Linnie ingesting fibers and almost dying. I threw it away that day...months ago. Thanks for the warning! :)

Patty Girl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Pat , Trisha, Patty Girl
Hi Barbara, I just wrote back and then tried to undo something and I think what I wrote to you disappeared...I'll write again. It is so very hard to wait the last few weeks, but a good seller will not send them off til they are eating really well on their own. My seller promiced me pictures too which I never got, but it was Christmas and she was most likely crazy busy. But I remember how bad I wanted to see my "babies" Oh, it was so hard to wait! Did you give the seller a Deposite???? That will most likely assure you they are coming to you...also do you know anyone who has bought from her/him before?Mine were hatched around Oct.31st. and were ready to come to me Dec. 28th. However each bird is an individual and some take longer to wean then others, that's what the seller told me. I'm sitting on the fence with you girl, "I feel your pain" hahahaha!!Hope you get a call soon! :)
I understand they were hatching in March but have not heard back or got the call yet. I am going to get two also, both boys....I would have thought they would have been ready to go by now. Just wondered how old yours were when they were weaned. Looking forward to getting them. Glad yours are doing so good. They are beautiful!! Thank you

Last edited:

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Patty, Thanks for getting back with me. Yes, I paid a deposit and have have ask for pictures but none come. Just getting a bit worried. Will let you know when I get information or better yet that all important call.

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Patty, just wanted to tell you I just finally got me a little Linnie after all this time. The other deal fell through, long story but all turned out well... Found a little Lutino girl and just a real sweetie. Only had a a few days. How are yours doing?
I named her Hollie since I got her over the holiday.

Patty Girl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Pat , Trisha, Patty Girl
Hi Barb, "Happy New Year!" Awwww.....I'm so happy for you. And I thought I waited a long time! Your little Hollie sounds like a sweetheart. How old is she? And was she handfed? My boys are doing so well. The turquoise one "Rizzie" is still the most friendly, but the colbalt one "Zoolie" because he gets jealous if Rizzy gets all the attention has really warmed up to me too! He isn't as friendly only because his nature is more fearful then Rizzie's. But during this year he has learned to trust me and he never bites me anymore. I really enjoy the boys so much. Both talk, the turquoise one more so. Enjoy your baby Barb, it was nice talking to you again! :)

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Patty, Yes, she was hand fed, a little girl, 8months old. Very sweet likes to cuddle and be held. Trying to take it slow with her. She absolutely loves a spray bath. Do you think two is better or can one be Happy by itself? I have been reading so much about them. The little guys are so hard to find, I wonder why?
Glad yours are doing so well. How old are they now? Since mine is a little girl she probably will not talk, but she sure is sweet. Nice talking to you again. Was not sure how to reach you!

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Hi Barb, "Happy New Year!" Awwww.....I'm so happy for you. And I thought I waited a long time! Your little Hollie sounds like a sweetheart. How old is she? And was she handfed? My boys are doing so well. The turquoise one "Rizzie" is still the most friendly, but the colbalt one "Zoolie" because he gets jealous if Rizzy gets all the attention has really warmed up to me too! He isn't as friendly only because his nature is more fearful then Rizzie's. But during this year he has learned to trust me and he never bites me anymore. I really enjoy the boys so much. Both talk, the turquoise one more so. Enjoy your baby Barb, it was nice talking to you again! :)

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Patty, she was hatched May 6th I got her from the breeder. Yes, she was handlfed and weaned on pellets. I would like to get her on fresh food, fruits and veggies but she is not a bit interested.What diet do you have your little ones on? She is very quiet. Very sweet little girl. I have just had her a week. She is getting use to her new home. Any ideas on how to get her to eating things other than pellets? How old is your little “Rizzie” and “Zollie”? Don’t you just love the little guys? Do not understand why they are so hard to find!!

Patty Girl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Pat , Trisha, Patty Girl
Hi Barb, I'm glad your bird is so tame, she sounds really sweet. When you give her a spray bath does she hang upside down? My bird , Zoolie loves his bath and does that..hahaha he looks like a fluffy bat! He stretches his wings out too hahaha. You were asking if I thought birds are happier with at least two, yes, in my opinion, I think they are. Many bird owners might disagree with me. And I have to say , I've seen birds that seem very happy with just their owner, so maybe I'm not right. It's just that when I see my boys interact with each other, like grooming each other and eating together, they just seem "right" and so happy with each other. And you asked what my Linnie's like to eat. My breeder sent them home to me with them eating pellets and a good seed mix from Higgins. They were also started , by her, on romaine, and apples, ect. They really love apples. I also give them carrot sticks and grapes, cukes, watermelon, just about any fruits and veg. that we have around for us, but always romaine. I hope Hollie will "try" some of these, I'm sure it would be really good for her. I really don't think my boys eat their pellets much at all, seems like I throw those out when I clean the bowl each am. But I keep putting pellets in for them anyway. Oh, and as far as their age goes, they had their first birthday this past October.

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Thank you, I cannot get her to eat anything but Zupreen fruit flavored pellets as that is all she knows. Now I am worried with all the rescue bird dying. She is doing great, settling in great and just a little lover. No, she has not turned up side down yet when she gets sprayed but she sure likes a good bath...I am hoping I can get her on fresh food for her health( and my peace of mind). She loves to cuddle up close to me, of course I love that:hug8: