• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Plucking-Behavior or something else?

Conner's Mom

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Cindy Rawlins
I'm looking for your experience with plucking. We took in a 21 yr. old CAG and he had plucked every feather within his reach. I took him to a top avian vet, who put him on Allergy Shots. No change in plucking after 6 months. I feed him organic food and he's settled in to our family nicely. Desperate to help out this Amazing Creature that we have fallen in love with and only wish him a healthier life.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Welcome to the AV.
can you take picture of feathered friend to show us what he looks like. it really helps. they do make little hooded shirts for some birds it helps to cover the place where he is plucking from. the other suggestion I would have is RPO red palm oil in his food. Harrison bird food company makes something called Sunshine factor with RPO in it. what is he eating like whole grain , like Chia seeds, flaxseeds, quinoa. she is getting enough out it sunshine whether in a cage or on a harness. remember no scented anything for him that includes scent candle , your favorite pit juice, hairspray, washing floors with white vinegar we try hard to krrp yjr healthy.