• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby HH

XstatyK

Walking the driveway
So nice that they send you videos and pics! :)
The latest video is so cute! ♥
Will you be visiting or is it to far away?
Yes it is nice of them and its too far as in multiple states far unfortunately.

XstatyK

Walking the driveway
Congratulations on your cute baby dragon! (he really sounds like one. :p)
Thanks, I have a new video I'll be posting shortly where he / she makes some other cute little noises.
The 'baby dragon' will be DNA tested soon too so think that will help with the name.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
He's a playful little one!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Awwww.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I forgot to tell you congratulations.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's very busy, isn't he?

XstatyK

Walking the driveway
He's very busy, isn't he?
He is very busy and loves exploring, but he will sit on my chest for an hour or so just quietly hanging out.
Currently working on socializing him and potty training.

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
Finally home!
I'm quite curious with him so riled up in that video would you of been able to go up to him and play with him without incident??

XstatyK

Walking the driveway
I'm quite curious with him so riled up in that video would you of been able to go up to him and play with him without incident??
Short answer: Yes, without a doubt.
Right now im in the process of socializing him and potty training. He's currently seems to be bonded to me but others can hang out with him, however if I'm in the room he'll start to make his way to me. When I come home and he's out on his perch, he'll fly over to me.

When he is playing on his perch like that I tried to see if he wanted to get off and sit with me, but he just held my finger with one foot and the other on the rope, still playing, hanging up side down, but he didn't want to get off just yet so I let him stay there, 5-10 minutes later he made his way on over.
He seems like he wants to play with my hands but I'm trying not to make my hands appear to be his personal toys so I just keep giving him scritches and give him some foot toys to keep him busy, after some time he'll get into a relaxed mood and can sit still for hour or so on my chest, sometimes closing his eyes but opening them when he hears sounds from kids or TV.

He's still a baby so when he gets a little older he may try to assert his independence a little more, hoping the daily activities and interaction will minimize that but we will see in due time :)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
OMG! I LOVE THE BONNET! He's gorgeous! Do you have other birds and if so, have you seen how he reacts around them yet? I think these guys are so interesting but I've heard that they can be territorial. He looks like he's settling in really well. Do you have a name yet?

XstatyK

Walking the driveway
OMG! I LOVE THE BONNET! He's gorgeous! Do you have other birds and if so, have you seen how he reacts around them yet? I think these guys are so interesting but I've heard that they can be territorial. He looks like he's settling in really well. Do you have a name yet?
Thanks! He is gorgeous, his name is Koda. I also have a tiel named Chappie who is about a year and a half now. Chappie gets one side of the house and Koda the other right now (quarantine) I do plan on keeping them separate regardless, it's more for the safety of Chappie cause he doesn't know any better and I don't want him getting hurt, but also because I read that the dust from the tiel can cause problems for Koda.

Koda is settling in well, loves eating greens, really seems to enjoy his perch both for playing and sleeping but does well in his cage at night, not a sound. So far they've been doing great!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Thanks! He is gorgeous, his name is Koda. I also have a tiel named Chappie who is about a year and a half now. Chappie gets one side of the house and Koda the other right now (quarantine) I do plan on keeping them separate regardless, it's more for the safety of Chappie cause he doesn't know any better and I don't want him getting hurt, but also because I read that the dust from the tiel can cause problems for Koda.

Koda is settling in well, loves eating greens, really seems to enjoy his perch both for playing and sleeping but does well in his cage at night, not a sound. So far they've been doing great!
Koda is absolutely stunning! I've never met a Hawkhead in person. I've read that they are close relatives to the Amazons which I'm in love with. Definitely keep the pictures and updates coming!

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
Short answer: Yes, without a doubt.
Right now im in the process of socializing him and potty training. He's currently seems to be bonded to me but others can hang out with him, however if I'm in the room he'll start to make his way to me. When I come home and he's out on his perch, he'll fly over to me.

When he is playing on his perch like that I tried to see if he wanted to get off and sit with me, but he just held my finger with one foot and the other on the rope, still playing, hanging up side down, but he didn't want to get off just yet so I let him stay there, 5-10 minutes later he made his way on over.
He seems like he wants to play with my hands but I'm trying not to make my hands appear to be his personal toys so I just keep giving him scritches and give him some foot toys to keep him busy, after some time he'll get into a relaxed mood and can sit still for hour or so on my chest, sometimes closing his eyes but opening them when he hears sounds from kids or TV.

He's still a baby so when he gets a little older he may try to assert his independence a little more, hoping the daily activities and interaction will minimize that but we will see in due time :)
They are fun birds to have! I just love my Gimby. She's the apple of my eye<33333. Congrats on your HH!

XstatyK

Walking the driveway
They are fun birds to have! I just love my Gimby. She's the apple of my eye<33333. Congrats on your HH!
Thank you! Yes he's really fun, just got back from a trip to Tahoe, took the little guys out there and they did really well.

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski
What a beautiful bird! :)
Congrats!

Love his baby photos and the videos. They are just so darn cute.