• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Favourite cockatiel toy ideas?

Harleyandme

Sprinting down the street
I have entered every raffle there is! Just wanted to know what the best toys/perches/products were for cockatiels. My two cockatiels would enjoy a whole lot more toys! I have already considered some things from Wingdow and The Parrot Shop (ex. the small 'get a grip' from Wingdow). Are there any recommended items like your personal favourite item from a shop or a handmade toy for ccokatiels or other small birds?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
My tiels love balsa wood, especially pieces that are not too fat. It is their absolute favorite. They love Tweety Pies Trixie toy sooo much! Other things they like are paper, palm leaves, vine balls, and piñata type toys. Anything that is easy to shred is usually a hit.

My birds also have a Wingdow and they love sitting on it and looking outside. I got mine with food cups too, and I'm so glad I did! Other perches I have are the comfy perches and NU Perches. Many vendors here on AA are awesome. I think I'm going to shop The Best Bird Toys and Things for Wings this year. Hmmm....but I do need another Trixie!:roflmao:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kuiper loves the Briton from Tweety Pie's. Although no longer a vendor here, he also likes the Birdie Bling from Avian Stainless. You can consider buying a small skewer and adding balsa wood. You can get balsa from California Bird Nerds. Skewers also from CABN as well as Blu's Bird Toys.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
My tiels love their get a grip climbing net! They also love their atom and wingdow also. They love shreddable toys - balsa wood, finger traps, palm items, cork - regular cork and natural cork bark also.

Penny Lane

Meeting neighbors
Typical, but my cockatiel Quavo can't get enough of his comfy perch, and anything that he can chew on. Straws, balsa wood, seashells, printer paper, etc. I always make sure he doesn't ingest anything, just chews it. Most of his toys are handmade so I can't send any specific links, but it's easy as pie to cut some straws up in to 1 inch segments and string them up together, and I usually always add a bell to the end of the toys. He and I both love the sound!