• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Macaws 4 Ways

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Tonight, I had 3 macaws out at once (Daff, Annie, & Petey). Annie was perfectly rotten, instigating with the other 2 by getting in their faces, clashing beaks with them. There was not outright aggression, requiring me to intervene, but they do bear watching. She's a pot stirrer. All in all, the birds got more out time and exercise as they had other birds with which to interact. :)

I used flash, which seems to have improved the overall picture quality. Please don't offer camera advice: I'm a camera Luddite, content just to point and shoot.

She looks innocent here but don't be deceived. I like this photo because you can see her green nape feathers. They may disappear with age. I've seen some adult GWs with them, so who knows?
IMG_2241.JPG
Innocent and adorable, right? Not so much...
IMG_2254.JPG

See what I mean???
IMG_2248.JPG
Yes, Auntie Sarah, Petey uses more than just his "spot." Tonight, he used every inch of both java trees.
IMG_2250.JPG

IMG_2245.JPG

The gorgeous and feisty Daffy.
IMG_2258.JPG
IMG_2249.JPG

And Harry is my editor in chief, supervising the uploading of photos in the "play room," the room with the Atom and Flyer. Of course, he's more interested in my leather office chair. Sheesh. He's a busy boy. First, the ring stand.
IMG_2259.JPG

Next, the Atom:
IMG_2262.JPG

IMG_2263.JPG

jen2016

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
Those whole post is great on so many levels. :joyful:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Beautiful birds and so healthy looking.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Great pix! :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I used flash, which seems to have improved the overall picture quality. Please don't offer camera advice: I'm a camera Luddite, content just to point and shoot.
I have yet to see a poor quality picture that you have posted.

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
As others have said, they all look very healthy. :) And I love Annies fiesty nature in your photos and yet she still manages to look quite innocent lol.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Love the pics and the birds are beautiful :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful birds.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@aooratrix Have you noticed whether Petey has any influence on the behaviour of the babies? Does he correct them? Ae they calmer when around him?

I'm thinking of the study on young bull elephants who were "gangstas" until a mature bull was put in with them and straightened them out. Not saying your gang are "gangstas", just wondering if a mature macaw has any influence on them.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
@aooratrix Have you noticed whether Petey has any influence on the behaviour of the babies? Does he correct them? Ae they calmer when around him?

I'm thinking of the study on young bull elephants who were "gangstas" until a mature bull was put in with them and straightened them out. Not saying your gang are "gangstas", just wondering if a mature macaw has any influence on them.

I will not give my experience. LMAO

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

I've seen the documentary on this and think his calmness might be settling Annie a bit. Neither he nor Harry were taking her crap last night, so she actually gave up and played on a tree! I will be mindful of this as I watch them interact. Great question!