• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm kinda worried

Riptide Queen

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Uri
I went to my local shelter after my therapist appointment on Wednesday, because something told me to check the website of that shelter and I did...

There was a CAG that was about 2 1/2 years old at my local shelter, and someone took him home.

And I hope he'll be well taken care of... because the reason why the person wanted him was because he's a talking bird.

(I deleted the whole thing because it was giving me anxiety.)

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope he found a nice home, and that the person realizes that there is more to a parrot than their ability to talk. He's so young, I hope the person can take care of him for a long time. I know it's hard not to be skeptical of the situation. :(

Riptide Queen

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Uri
I hope he found a nice home, and that the person realizes that there is more to a parrot than their ability to talk. He's so young, I hope the person can take care of him for a long time. I know it's hard not to be skeptical of the situation. :(
It really is hard, especially watching her shoving her hand in his face most of the time. I was even telling her to step back and give him some space bc he's nervous and scared... and she says she has lots of budgies and cockatiels and i'm scared to see the condition they're in.... it's one of those things were i wish i recorded it or wish everyone was there to see how she was....

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh no, that doesn't sound good if she didn't even know he need time and was scared. Why do some people always think they know everything and their way is best. Poor Grey, I hope he doesn't have a long, hard road ahead of him.

McBird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bird
I really hope that he has a good home. keep an eye on the shelter for a return and if you feel like you can get him and keep him, even to find a qualified home, you can do so. I hope that he has a good home and that the person who adopted him will research and learn the appropriate and proper way to care for their new fid. I hope she makes good choices with that sweet little CAG.

Riptide Queen

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Uri
Oh no, that doesn't sound good if she didn't even know he need time and was scared. Why do some people always think they know everything and their way is best. Poor Grey, I hope he doesn't have a long, hard road ahead of him.
Me too... I honestly hope she was considerate enough to do lots of research.... the staff kinda looked at her skeptical too...

Riptide Queen

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Uri
I really hope that he has a good home. keep an eye on the shelter for a return and if you feel like you can get him and keep him, even to find a qualified home, you can do so. I hope that he has a good home and that the person who adopted him will research and learn the appropriate and proper way to care for their new fid. I hope she makes good choices with that sweet little CAG.
From the attitude she gave me when I just politely told her to give him some space for a few mins I'm not sure... I would like to think she knows that the CAG is a overall great companion like any bird and not just for talking.... if I do see him back, I will most likely bring him home. I don't think I could bare to see him go to another home to someone because "they talk well". A friend of mines from work has three CAGs so she's always teaching me a lot of things.. I'll probably talk to her about this once she's from Japan...