• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can Conure's sleep through some noise?

parsaxyz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
parsa
Hello all,

I'm fortunate enough to be having family visit, for a wedding and it's all just great. However I do have very little space and my conure is often going to end up in some noisy situations.

My aunt snores.. and I need to know if my conure can sleep through it, or will he be scared as hell since it sounds like a wild animal growling hahaha

There's no other noise, just the snoring really and its complete darkness, I've always known that parrots in the wild sleep through the jungle noise and whatnot but is this something that can fall into that category?

Does anyone snore here? :D

Thankyou!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
no but i play the radio soft music or a dvd all night for white noise

parsaxyz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
parsa
I usually move his cage into the balcony for white noise he loves it falls asleep right away

BirdGuy21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
He should be fine. It won't be for long regardless so I wouldn't worry too much.

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
Every little noise would wake my gcc up. My cockatiels could sleep through a tornado. An air purifier or small fan for white noise will help a lot :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Every little noise would wake my gcc up.

This was my experience also! But I also agree that a white noise machine or air purifier will help greatly!

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I snore...at least that is what I have been told. I am sure I just make tiny angel sighs
:angel2: and I don't think my birds bother (but then again I am asleep) :sleep:. I think as long as the sound is familiar to them ( they are accustomed to it) and they know it does not represent danger, they will be fine.

jojomom

Strolling the yard
Real Name
mandy
None of my birds seem to mind my husband insane snoring. Our cag copies him. If he is napping on the couch Sunset our sun conure will nap on the playstand right by him.
Since its a new noise it might be bothersome but i wouldn't worry because its only for a visit. I completely agree with some kind of white noise to help drown out the snoring though.

parsaxyz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
parsa
Thankyou guys for the replies!

Turns I was worried about nothing I decided to spy on him one night and NOTHING. This guy sleeps likes there's no tomorrow hahaha eventually I started laughing at him and he woke up all angry