• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can female linnies talk?

LinnieLife

Walking the driveway
Well since we are getting pixel a companion bird we decided to get him DNA tested... and just a couple minutes ago we found out HE was actually a SHE!:D But i was wondering - i know that male budgies generally talk a lot more than females do, But what about linnies? Recently she has been chattering a lot & i was wondering if she could have the potential to say some words? Just curious! i couldn't find anything about this online~!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
In general in the bird world the males of most species have a wider range of sounds and are usually more vocal than females. They do tend to talk more than females but this is just a general rule. There are lots of females that talk well. It has more to do with how much time you spend teaching them to talk.

I don't know if Linnies are good talkers anyway (never seen one).

DerbyBirdy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren
Mine does!! She really only starts talking when she's lookin at herself in her little mirror on her perch. She'll say "Hi there!" or "Hi there, birdie!" I don't think I've been able to capture her saying these specifically, but here's a video of her "pew pew" noises she makes all the time. Instagram

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
The male Linnie I had talked very well and often, the female did not talk at all. I have read that the females may talk a bit but it is rare.

Ocean

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
I have a female Linnie, her name is Tiki, and she talks :) She says: Pretty bird, You're so cute, Gimme a kiss *makes kissing noise* Thank you! and Whatcha doin?

She's a sweetie xD she'll be 3 in May