• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aviary Question

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Where can I find a decent aviary that can house smaller parrots? Most of the ones I've seen have 1" bar spacing which is too large, I'm looking for 1/2" to 5/8".

karen256

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
How big an aviary are you looking for and at what cost?
If you just mean a flight cage, then a single or preferably double standard flight cage (the ones made by HQ and AE) would be fine for small parrots. HQ also makes a larger sized, more decorative flight cage also with safe spacing.
If you mean an actual walk-in aviary, Centurion cages makes some in 1/2" spacing... not exactly cheap at $1200 for the smallest 5x5' cage.

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
I do like the look of that cage. I'm looking for a cage I can assemble and disassemble if need be and around walk-in size. I have the King's cages for indoors but I want something that would fit a patio. Anywhere from 4-6'. I have some room but not too much. I do plan on bookmarking the centurion cage, I hadn't seen that one before.

I'm also not opposed to DIY but I'm fairly clueless on how to build a bird-proof aviary.

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Maybe browse pictures online and have someone local build it for you. You can definately have one built cheaper than that, however, it would probably be a permanent setup.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Corners Limited from Michigan has some - also they can custom build one for you. I have one that I had built for my patio - it is made of 5 panels that come apart easily.