• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue and Gold male ***ADOPTED***

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
me too.

2macshan

Strolling the yard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Petri was very happy to make some new friends. He was slightly bummed when Sarah left, taking with her magic fingertips, and he had to settle for my pets again. :laugh:

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Petri was very happy to make some new friends. He was slightly bummed when Sarah left, taking with her magic fingertips, and he had to settle for my pets again. :laugh:
Was she just working on pin feathers and/or getting her fingers into the feathers whereas you don't go in as 'deep'? Is that what you mean by 'settle for my pets again'?

If that is the case, that has an easy fix. JUST DO IT! :hehe: You had a great lesson from Sarah.

You have seen how well she loved Sarah's Magic Fingers, probably while she was talking to you she was in the feathers, finding pin feathers and just working on them and Petri was soaking it all in and feeling like she is in Heaven.

It sounds like Petri is a fantastic little one, you sure you need to find another home for her even? I hope you rethink this.

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
He sounds wonderful. It's amazing he has adjusted so well, so soon. I agree, maybe you should keep him/her?

2macshan

Strolling the yard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well the back up plan seems to be that if the person we are hoping will take him can not, a Sarah *might be able to hold onto him through my move as a back up plan and then things would slow down in the rush to find him a new home.

I am not sure what it was with the way she pets.. he just seemed in heaven! I think she's just more practiced :p

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I have finger nails. :D Good for those new downy pin feathers that are pretty hard to get to break open. 19 years of scratching macaw head... I probably do it in my sleep. :hilarious:

It was a wonderful visit! I think that was the first home we have ever walked into where we were greeted by flying baby macaws landing on us. :laugh: We felt right at home!

Petri greeted us with the typical BG warning bark, understandable when two strangers walk in and start staring at him. He took about 15 minutes to warm up to us and didn't mind our presence at all after a few treats. He is quite the sweetie! Extremely laid back and while cautious, he doesn't seem to mind a bunch of chaos going on around him. He loves attention, in the two hours we were there he would dance, mumble and grab my hand if I stopped petting him. He seems to enjoy the other birds company and I believe could learn to fly if this was worked on. He does not seem to prefer men over women or vice versa, I think he would be comfortable with anyone that is sweet on him.

Petri is a big boy, all of 1260 grams and surprisingly not overweight at that size. His overall feather condition is great and he has a beautiful color. He does have some wear spots where it is evident that he is due for a molt. His right lower leg shows signs of old barbering however, it is old and I see no new evidence of it continuing. He is a blusher when given attention and also mumbles something that sounds so caring. I'm quite positive with a good diet and a molt that he will be one of the prettiest BG's on this forum.

Petri deserves a forever home. I think he would prefer a home with other macaws and given what he has been through I think a home with macaw experience would be best. I would hate to see him hit the rehome circle again. He is quite comfortable where he is, @2macshan and her husband are fabulous with him but I understand the situation with their move. If we can find the perfect home for Petri I'm sure @2macshan will rescue another one ( or 4 ;) ) when the time is right.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Well the back up plan seems to be that if the person we are hoping will take him can not, a Sarah *might be able to hold onto him through my move as a back up plan and then things would slow down in the rush to find him a new home.

and yes! If the perfect home is not found for Petri I'm quite sure we can find a sitter. :laugh:

jen2016

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
Aw! He sounds like an absolute dream-bird! Would love to adopt him, but Cali is a bit far, and I have to stick to my plan of focusing on Jack for the next few years before considering adoption. I'd love to welcome an older mac into my home in the future though, they are like chips--can't have just one. haha

Sounds like the current and backup plans are going to make Petri happy though until the forever home appears! Hopefully with an AA member! :D

Last edited:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aw! He sounds like an absolute dream-bird! Would love to adopt him, but Cali is a bit far, and I have to stick to my plan of focusing on Jack for the next few years before considering adoption. I'd love to welcome an older mac into my home in the future though, they are like chips--can't have just one. haha

Sounds like the current and backup plans are going make Petri happy though until the forever home appears! Hopefully with an AA member! :D
She's in Wisconsin not California just so you know.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Reading this is making me want to go practice "magic fingers" on Buzzard so badly, but he's not awake yet, so I'll have to wait. :rolleyes: *sigh* It wouldn't be very fun on a cranky bird that was woken out of his beauty sleep.

I do hope Mr/Ms Petri finds a forever home soon, but I'm glad he found his for-now home & to see the progress he's made so far! :hug8:

Last edited:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Me, too! And maybe soon to be four.