• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ideas for larger housing for a Greenwing Macaw

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Okay, I checked the wire gauge.

The standard wire gauge for macaws is 6mm bar thickness. The 1" spacing cages have 6mm. The 1/2" spacing come with 3mm bar thickness. Your macaw will bend this cage.

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
The 85x61 is the 1/2" bar spacing and the smaller gauge wire. I've not seen one in person, will it hold a macaw?

Ron has them in platinum, almost white.
Thank you for catching that! I didnt even realize! I called/emailed to change my order. It is not to ship out till Tuesday. Ill call my sales rep all day tomorrow, if I have to, but hopefully he will get my email and/or voicemail before i have to be that person.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Did you call centurion or just A&E?

They will beat each others prices and it's the SAME exact cage. They both purchase from the same supplier. ;)

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
I did call Centurion first. I inquired about the 62x62 and it came to the same amount as A&E 85x61 (which will be changed tomorrow to 86x62) plus Centurion was going to charge 150.00 shipping and they only had it in sandstone. I like sandstone but prefer white.