• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feeding Parrots - Chop from Parrot Nation

BeeBop

Sprinting down the street
Thanks for sharing. :)

CrazyKozmo

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
I love the author, Patricia Sund. She has really helped me get creative with my birds' healthy diet.

Pipsqueak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I prefer to just do what I have on hand for just one bird. You can get really creative with chop and don't forget to use what is in season!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I really don't get fancy with one bird. Don't like to freeze it because it's foolishly afterwards. With my new baby budgie will start simple because he has never had veggies. I will food process carrots, Apple's and broccoli. Then sprinkle with millet. I think eventually he will get some in the beak and this mix should taste sweet.

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I thaw mine in the fridge, wrapped in paper towels which absorb the moisture. I change the paper towel a couple of times and doing this, I've found that my chop is no longer soggy after having been frozen.

BeeBop

Sprinting down the street
I thaw mine in the fridge, wrapped in paper towels which absorb the moisture. I change the paper towel a couple of times and doing this, I've found that my chop is no longer soggy after having been frozen.
That's a really good idea! :) I rarely ever freeze Mash because it's always soggy.