• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Has anyone bought a African Grey from Xotic Parrots in Ohio

Has anyone heard of Xotic Parrots in Ohio

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I know I'm the bad one calling this out, but I'm kinda suspicious about the OP's username and the fact that they haven't been online since the minute after they posted the original post, and the fact that its their first and only post ever.

Hope I'm wrong about this being an advertisement by the owner and I'll apologize wholeheartedly if I am :) But glad that the website was deemed a scam anyways so that future viewers aren't fooled.

I was wondering the same

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I thought the same thing but didn't want to post that because no way of knowing for sure. However Xotic Girl and Xotic Parrots very suspect. :hmmm: If the person is affiliated with Xotic Parrots not the best idea to post here attempting to advertise a site which has so many blatant red flags unless they were trying to determine if the site was believable. Let's see if Xotic Girl returns and posts again.

Xotic Girl

Moving in
Real Name
Valerie
I definitely am getting that vibe now from them since I stated specifically that I would be coming to pick the bird up and there was NO way I was comfortable with shipping ANY bird during the winter. After that total radio silence. Now when I was discussing getting the bird they seemed on the level and were asking all the right questions and communicating quite well.

Xotic Girl

Moving in
Real Name
Valerie
Oh btw I picked the name on the fly I not at all affiliated with them. lol Though since I had asked them to consider a trade since I do SEO work I picked that name just in case I decided to go in that direction. Obviously that is out now. lol

AYA

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gab
They apparently sold a hyacinth (which she thinks is an African grey) to a country known to be the world's strictest on animal importation, and visited her. Maybe they just liked that her parents clearly love Australia based on her name.

Oh, and kkaviary.net comes up as a result when you search that reference also. That site is shut down.

View attachment 240547

Lol at 'Sydney Perth, Melbourne, Australia' -- at least try to make up a fake name, don't just list capital cities XD

mstomcat65

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marti
I know I'm the bad one calling this out, but I'm kinda suspicious about the OP's username and the fact that they haven't been online since the minute after they posted the original post, and the fact that its their first and only post ever.

Hope I'm wrong about this being an advertisement by the owner and I'll apologize wholeheartedly if I am :) But glad that the website was deemed a scam anyways so that future viewers aren't fooled.

I was just thinking that same thing and when back through the posts to see if they posted again.

~Drini~

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
Oh btw I picked the name on the fly I not at all affiliated with them. lol Though since I had asked them to consider a trade since I do SEO work I picked that name just in case I decided to go in that direction. Obviously that is out now. lol

My bad then, hope you manage to find the right breeder. :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Don't give up. There are birds available for adoption and also reputable breeders. Be wary of Craigslist postings, too. Sometimes they are on the up and up but sometimes they are scams.

Amanda6

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amanda
I live in Columbus and know the area well. There is no business or breeders here by that name! If you're looking for a grey I highly recommend The Nest (Baker's Nest). Michelle and Dale Baker own the business in Reynoldburg/Pickerington area. They are amazing people and raise their babies so well! I bought my grey and macaw from them. They are wonderful birds from wonderful people!! I highly recommend any bird from them and the products they sell.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
The flags for me were the many, many typos on the site and the first reference, showing a hy, lists Sydney Perth Melbourne, Australia. Those are 3 different cities pretty far apart from each other. And, as others have mentioned, Australia has one of the strictest quarantines on the face of the earth so shipping "anywhere" doesn't really sit right.

Map of Australia, Australia Map

I will also point out that their shipping is quoted as being flat rate to include Quote Shipping cost is $200. This flat fee includes all preparations, an airline approved shipping crate, all airline required documentation, and transportation to the airport. Unquote
There is no way shipping an exotic bird overseas with all the appropriate paperwork, container, etc. would only cost that. This is the Australian site which provides fees for importing cats and dogs -
Fees for cat and dog import permit applications

This site also claims that they ship year round which is very literally impossible, even with the disclaimers that are then provided. Airlines that do accept shipments of live animals will tell you flat out that there are certain times of the year that they will not guarantee shipping due to extreme heat or sub-zero conditions.

1104brandy

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Carol
Never heard of Xotic parrots until yesterday when I contacted them concerning African Grey- yes the picture of the lady holding a Macaw was on their site and they were talking about Greys.

GCC_Quijote

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah Mosqueda
When I was looking into getting a grey, I encountered a LOT of scammers. I finally got Picasso at the same breeder who sold us our conure. If I were you, I would look into a local breeder, or a local rescue.
Lots of misplaced greybabies out there looking for new homes.

MAX 10

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi there ,
im new here and would like to ask again about xotic parrot home , shes female from THAILAND and living in Ohio offering good prices for parrots , also shipping to world wide as im living in far east .
is that ture ? shipping cost is almost 165 USD and delievery after 24 hours by air .
any suggestions ??

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
This is a place that will have you send them money but you will never get a bird back. DO NOT send them any money.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Hi there ,
im new here and would like to ask again about xotic parrot home , shes female from THAILAND and living in Ohio offering good prices for parrots , also shipping to world wide as im living in far east .
is that ture ? shipping cost is almost 165 USD and delievery after 24 hours by air .
any suggestions ??

Don't walk. Run the other way. Scam

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Hi there ,
any suggestions ??

It is extremely hard to import or export parrots because of international trade laws and endangered species acts, as well as individual country laws. Anyone saying that they can, without fail, ship a bird outside of the country, regardless of where it is, and have no issues having you claim it on your end is scamming you.

Status
Not open for further replies.