• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

World's Best Bird Food

Moshimaru

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I've looked at these a few times when I've placed an order at mybirdstore.com - and wasn't sure how good they were? Some are veggie mixes, some nut and fruit mixes (I'd assume as treats?)

Any insight would be awesome!

New Bulk Bird Food

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think it would be a good food supplement. I don't think I would use it as my "main" food. My tiel used to really like the cooked food mixes. I never tried World's Best but he loved the Higgins Wordly Cuisine mixes. They had a base of rice or quinoa, etc. I would give him some for dinner. But then still fed regular seeds, etc.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It looks like a good mix, but I have never used it before either. Like @sunnysmom I have used Higgins Worldly Cuisines for dinner a few times a week, and my birds like it (especially the Moroccan Cafe one) This seems like something similar and worth a try.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I use the no pellet mix from My Safe Bird Store as a treat mix. Mine love it. Very good quality and relatively good prices. I use Harrison's pellets, some nutriberries and Avi-Cakes, a Kaytee seed mix and lots of veggies and cooked grains.

Moshimaru

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I also use MSBS for my birds food. Feeding the Golden Gourmet small hookbill legume D-BHSH Small Hookbill Supreme Blend PER LB. - MY SAFE BIRD BLENDS

I like the ingredients in the above food. NO experience in ordering from the store you posted but it seems to have a lot of nuts.
I'll have to try that when we run out of our current seeds - I just add a little bit into their pellet mix but like to spice up their diet here and there.

Thanks everyone! I may get one just to see what's it about next time we get toys but will do a little bit more digging into the ingredients, or use them as treats.