• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rüppell's parrot

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
It's possible lol if I can get my husband to get over the beak lol

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beak is just a small step up from the lovebirds. :)

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
My husband doesn't even like the size of Gracie's lol but then again he has been on the receiving end of a it a few times lol.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
JC Aviary has a baby Ruppell's parrot. Here is a link: Web Store .

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I do love the coloring of them and I think they are a bird we could add to our flock if he can just get over his beak issues. I think the fact Gracie is being so nice to him all of sudden might give me some brownie points lol.

Richard K

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Richard
Hi There-My name is Richard. This is my first post here. Towards the later part of last year I was able to get a Ruppell's Female. She's as cute as can be, but what I really like is that she has some large bird traits in a small bird body. Here's a couple of photos. The first is not so good and the second is of her errrrr ummmm bum. :smuggrin:

Attachments

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi There-My name is Richard. This is my first post here. Towards the later part of last year I was able to get a Ruppell's Female. She's as cute as can be, but what I really like is that she has some large bird traits in a small bird body. Here's a couple of photos. The first is not so good and the second is of her errrrr ummmm bum. :smuggrin:

Welcome to AA. Your Ruppell's is beautiful. What is her name and how old is she? May I ask where you got her from? I wouldn't mind getting a Ruppell's. :)

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
She is lovely. So tell us all about you and tellet us all about her lol we would love to know how old she is how her temperament is. Is she playful lol.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Bebe is lovely. Rupells is a Poicephalus species, correct? Welcome to the Avenue and have fun looking up old posts in areas of your interest.

Richard K

Real Name
Richard
Hi All-Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back. I was driving down the west coast. Thanks for the nice comments about Bebe. I've been an aquarium keeper for a long time and have always liked keeping "different" fish. Basically I'm more partial to things that aren't run of the mill. Had my eye on getting a Ruppell's female for some time. In 2014 I spoke to one breeder about getting a girl and subsequently met up with him at a bird mart. Was really surprised and disappointed to see how unfriendly and rude he was. I wasn't wasting his time or being overly chatty either. At any rate, in November I saw an ad for a Ruppell's female. As it turned out her mate escaped through a food bowl slot that was not replaced. So, she is a breeder and she is about 6 years old. Been reading up on and have viewed countless photos of Ruppells females. What I particularly love about her is she seems to show more blue in the chest/belly area than the others I've seen. She also seems to have slightly less yellow in the shoulders, but I'll take it for a trade off for the added blue. :) The blue isn't a solid blue, but more scalloped looking. Here's more bad photos of her.

Attachments

Last edited:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
For the life of me, I do not understand why these guys aren't more popular in the pet trade. Bebe is absolutely stunning!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beautiful markings and coloration. I am jealous. ;-)

Ruppell's just aren't common and when available they generally cost $$$. Have never seen one up for adoption just for sale.

Pabirdman

Is everyone here typically in US?I am in Canada and curious to know if there are some floating around up here?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Is everyone here typically in US?I am in Canada and curious to know if there are some floating around up here?
There are many members here from a wide variety of countries from North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and Africa. Quite a few are from Canada, however I am not aware of any who own Ruppell's parrots.