• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My Double-Double Flight cage

Samurai

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Elle
That's great, I love the idea of attaching a perch to the bottom grate too :)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I keep sharing this with people! Such a great idea!

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I keep sharing this with people! Such a great idea!
Thanks Chandra! It really worked well. They were getting a little crazy in there so I separated them to pairs now and only yesterday put a divider in one of the cages because one pair was getting a little too rough with each other.

I have four of these cages with six birds and it is working out great because I am able to accommodate them all regardless of their moods and how well they are getting along or not getting along. I just keep reconfiguring their cages instead of needing new ones. Although for a caique I would recommend thicker bars because these guys can be really hard on the cages.

Lovemybudgies4

Strolling the yard
Hi there, I'm totally in love with your bird flight cage setup. :D Wish I had that much space. Seems like those are A&E cages? How do you like their quality and rolling on carpet and does their paint lasts? Thanks in advance. Love their picture at the end so adorable they're. :kiss2:

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Hi there, I'm totally in love with your bird flight cage setup. :D Wish I had that much space. Seems like those are A&E cages? How do you like their quality and rolling on carpet and does their paint lasts? Thanks in advance. Love their picture at the end so adorable they're. :kiss2:
thanks, these are HQ flight cages. They are good quality for small birds. I would say they are fine for my caiques but not totally ideal. I would like heavier bars for them my birds can chip the paint if they try. they have done so on some of the feeder doors. I think that they try because the doors move and they like to shake them.

Ihave used these cages with smaller birds though nad they are great. that being said mine are four years old and they look great unless you inspect them very closely. Ihave all tile so I do not know how well they roll on carpet.

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
@Laurie
What are the yellow coils in the first picture and where did you get them (if you remember from back then)?

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
@Laurie
What are the yellow coils in the first picture and where did you get them (if you remember from back then)?
They are some kind of hose, I got them at a discount store in the garden department. Usually they are smaller, only about 4" I only found the larger diameter the one time and I have had them for years. I sell the smaller version in my shop.

Lovemybudgies4

Strolling the yard
@Laurie: Where did you drilled those 4 holes and what you did with them? Any close up pictures of all those holes? Can I do this setup using A&E double flight cage with divider just like these cages? Thanks :) Thinking as I might do this setup in future if we don't moved to other good big apartment as I have same issue as your's. :D

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@Lovemybudgies4 You can zip tie everything and not have to drill (depending on the species of course). Also, A&e cages the paint holds up well. HQ, which is my favorite, the paint tends to wear off in about 3 years; you can repaint them with rustoleum but not the metallic.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
@Laurie: Where did you drilled those 4 holes and what you did with them? Any close up pictures of all those holes? Can I do this setup using A&E double flight cage with divider just like these cages? Thanks :) Thinking as I might do this setup in future if we don't moved to other good big apartment as I have same issue as your's. :D
I am not sure. I do not remember and I no longer have it set up this way since I separated the four birds into pairs. I think it was just to hold it to the stand. As was mentioned, you can use zip ties. Regardless, all you need to do is set it up and then you will be able to tell what to do. I would guess it would work with A&E as well. I really don't have instructions. You just have to look at your individual cages and make sure it works. As long as it is made of flat panels I think it will work.