• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

sooty

Rabb.D

Strolling the yard

day 9 and 8 hours old

after spray and bath

still wild and un-tame, to young for handling sessions will do so in 2 months time, i hope people can understand, if you have worries please leave a chat in the inbox

Last edited:

Rabb.D

Strolling the yard
ran out of beetle larvae will go out to get more today, once it reaches the end of its collated upbringing i can start the taming process and handling in the cage then later free flight... but must be in tandem with its juvenile health avenue, where feeding is done at his own pace. now i just have to make sure there is no malnutrition,

Last edited:

Doublete

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Katie
Everyone has questions but I guess you don't intend to answer because you have ignored the questions and said you would answer in private but it seems we ALL have the same questions.

Good luck with your bird.

Rabb.D

Strolling the yard
some questions i don't want to answer in public post because it might cause a magnitude 10 chain reaction earthquake in avian avenue so i'd rather do so privately and civilly unlike some people who only post when they are angry

Rabb.D

Strolling the yard
i come from a civil background where personal invoice is more appropriate then public speech or slash writing, please understand that rule of thumb tq

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does Sooty have a play area? How old is he now?

Piki's Ben

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Ben MacAran
Wow! Things can really get heated around here. :jawdrop1: My neighbour surprised me with a baby magpie that had its nest destroyed in high winds. First thing I did was take to to the avian vet at Massey University to find out the best way to care for it. Discovered I had a permanent resident as magpies usually cannot be released back into the wild. I was also told if it was a male I had good 5 years and then after that "a pet from hell". If it was a female I would have a lovely, playful, intelligent pet for years to come. I had her DNA tested at the university and two weeks later notified I had a lovely female which I named Zeka. I was told the best food for her after she was 6 weeks old was soaked dry dog kibbles with no more than 16% protein and low salt. Added to this a microwaved beaten egg on the side, vegetables, fruit (don't stand between her and grapes if you value your life) earthworms, small insects, etc. I also have a 6 year old Rainbow lorikeet named Piki and a 14 year old dog, Rocky. Now, 3 months on I have the most mischievous and playful trio I would never think of giving up. When I first got Zeka she also had a bad cough and sneeze. The inside of her beak was very pale pink instead of the usual red. She was treated for an assortment of parasitic worms and her cough cleared up within a matter of days. Hope this might help you a bit.
100_0045 (2).JPG