• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Yellow Fluid

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope everything is okay. Keep us posted.

ZoeyFredrik

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
Better safe than sorry - I've been considered a nervous Nelly but I'd rather be a nervous Nelly than a grieving parront.
Definitely. I agree. I'm so glad I brought her in. I feel much better. The vet is hoping this was just a one time thing. She thinks it's one of two possibilities. That Joey may have eaten something that didn't agree with her and she drank a lot of water to flush it. Then when she did puke, just liquid came out. Or, she may have a slight infection causing her to drink more, therefore she threw up water. Hopefully it is the first one. The vet did a culture recheck, crop, nares, cloaca. But she said that she looks good. I just need to keep an eye on her.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good that you took her in and the vet stated that she was OK. Hope there won't be any more vomiting.