• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Me and my African Grey Congo.

This is about me and my parrot. Maxwell Smart

• Anything that has to do with African Grey Congo Parrots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's the BEST foot cream to apply on the feet of a African Grey Congo Parrot.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stevie D

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Steven DiLeonardi
Hello everybody my name is Stevie D and I am new to this forum and website. I'm 54 years old man that is disabled and I have a 7 year old African Grey Congo Parrot and his name is Maxwell Smart Secret Agent 86. Please if you introduce your self to me when you have time to.
7 years ago I wanted to get another Grey since my job doesn't require a lot of working hours because my last Grey I had to sell because I was working 70-90 hours a week and that almost killed me working that much. Anyway I'm a great human being and my Maxwellsmart is the friendlyest parrot that you will ever come across with. He's favor thing to do is kiss his daddy a lot and I tell Ajax no Tungue. LOL . Well I hope to meet a bunch of you guys soon I hope so this way I can ask questions on this type of parrot and I'm sure someone in this forum gas a Grey as well. Thank very much for taking the time out to read about me and my Maxwell Smart 86.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Welcome to AA. And yes, there are many, many people on this forum who live with both CAGs and Timnehs.

Stevie D

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Steven DiLeonardi
Please who ever u r please introduce yourself to me, I prefer to have African Grey owners to speak with that I should the correct answers. Thank you.

Stevie D

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:welave:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Welcome to the board. Your bird does not require any kind of "cream" on its feet. Their feet are naturally dry looking and even a little bit flaky. Anything you put on their feet is going to be ingested as they beak their feet. Any manufactured cream is full of things not good for birds at all.

MARILYN CEDENO

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Marilyn
Hi Stevie D, My name is Marilyn and I recently welcomed my beautiful girl Roxie into my home. She is a CAG and I was told is around 7 years old. Shes still getting adjusted to me and can be a bit mean at times :blink:, but I love her so much and continue to spoil her no matter what. I'll just be patient and consistent. I hope that she learns to trust me with time. I am her primary caretaker but she loves my 11yo son and my fiancé immensely! I guess its true that females tend to side with males lol I've attached a picture of my girl.

Attachments

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
:welcomeavenue: Hi Stevie,
John is right - you shouldn't put any cream on a bird's feet or anywhere else it could be ingested. My vet told me I could try aloe vera gel on my pi's feet as they were pretty flaky. She really hated and it made her all goopy so I didn't continue. Her feet do peel but not to the point of being raw so it's not really an issue.
Most of your questions will be common to parrot owners in general, so don't feel the answers must come from grey owners only. Anything grey-specific can be asked in the African Grey forum on this site. :)

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Hi, Stevie D,
Welcome to you and Maxwell Smart!
I have 2 cockatiels and a caique.
Hope you enjoy the forum!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome from Cynthia and a goffin cockatoo Percy

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:hello:And welcomed me to The Avenue! I hope you enjoy the site!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Welcome Steve and Maxwell. I am happy you have one of the best bird species there are. African greys will have wonderful feathering and skin with proper diet which can include Red Palm Oil.

Benefits of Red Palm Oil

Last edited:

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Welcome Stevie! We are also owned by our CAG, Maalik. Enjoy the forum!

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Welcome aboard to the both of you! My partner in crime (CAG) Ella May she is 6 month's old. This is one of the best places to ask any questions and share, enjoy! :)

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Welcome to AA. Love the name! I share my life with a cranky CAG Smokey who is 20, a neurotic CAG Aspen Quack who is also 20, a sweet but nervous CAG Clancy who is 24. All are rehomes. My only baby who I brought home at four months of age, Tuchis TAG, just turned 14. I'm a grey lover if you haven't put those pieces together yet!:)

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Please who ever u r please introduce yourself to me, I prefer to have African Grey owners to speak with that I should the correct answers. Thank you.

Stevie D

Many of the members her (he told you Mary Lynn! :roflmao:) may not have CAGS, but still know much more than the average person, and possibly even you.

I've had Too owners give great advice for my Macaw. I've had CAG owners give great advice on my Too.

I've had budgie owners help with my little TAG.

You don't need only CAG owners to talk with you.

You can learn from everyone here, and everyone here loves to help. :D

Gddmsam

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sam
Hi Stevie D and Maxwell!
Welcome to AA!!!
Sam and Boba