• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Peach Front Conures

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
There is a peach front available for adoption, and we are considering it. There was one there who was being boarded long term, and she was an absolute sweetheart. She was buddies with a sun conure, and I had them both cautiously stepping up at the end of the summer. Supposedly I was the only volunteer to do so. Well, this Tequila. image.jpeg
His owner died, and he had to go to the rescue. He came with nicotine coating his feathers, and age and sex unknown.

My mom absolutely loved Jane, the boarding peach-front and actually told me this summer if one was available to adopt she would seriously consider it. Well, now is her chance, and she isn't sure. She wants to wait until the basement is finished, but I feel like a peach front won't be available for adoption again. What are some ways I can convince her? She really wants another bird, as a companion for both Grumbles and us.

What are peach fronts generally like? I know every bird is an individual, but the one I have met was such a quiet sweetheart :)
How loud are they? Just a few questions.

@Moshimaru don't you have a peach front? I would appreciate your thoughts :)

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:heart:
I thought they were pyyyrrr's the rose crowned but they are aratingas but supposedly not as loud as suns as they have lower growly voices.
beautiful bird!!!! & if its a sweet heart!!!!
Don't think they are all that rare but hard to find again esp in a shelter but you have to be ready & have a cage & all the things that she will need.

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
I thought they were pyyyrrr's the rose crowned but they are aratingas but supposedly not as loud as suns as they have lower growly voices.
Don't think they are all that rare but hard to find again esp in a shelter but you have to be ready & have a cage & all the things that she will need.
Thanks, that is what I have seen them as.
Do you think I could buy the same cage as I got for Grumbles? They are about the same size.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
What a pretty bird. I hope you can convince your mom. :)

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Never saw one but may be bigger than gcc. U saw it....n not sure what size cage u have. Does your father sleep days?
May be louder than grumbles but all birds have different noise levels n some yell more often.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
What are some ways I can convince her?
That you are a good girl, very loved here and probably the most responsible teenager I "meet".
So, you deserves it! ♥ Tell her I said so. :) And the fact that this bird isn't common so if you want it, get it now!
And to like/love and to care for animals is very important, and it will always make you a better person. Always! :)
And for Grumbles sake is will also be awesome! It's also important for him that he release that he is a bird.

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Never saw one but may be bigger than gcc. U saw it....n not sure what size cage u have. Does your father sleep days?
May be louder than grumbles but all birds have different noise levels n some yell more often.
They are very similar in size.
My dad doesn't sleep days, he just isn't an animal person. Funny because he likes to play with them occasionally, but they dont affect him for the most part :)
The one at the rescue is very quiet, like grumbles, but I looked up YouTube of screams. Honestly it isn't that bad IMO, I don't think it would bother them but I would have to meet it. :)

That you are a good girl, very loved here and probably the most responsible teenager I "meet".
So, you deserves it! ♥ Tell her I said so. :) And the fact that this bird isn't common so if you want it, get it now!
And to like/love and to care for animals is very important, and it will always make you a better person. Always! :)
And for Grumbles sake is will also be awesome! It's also important for him that he release that he is a bird.
Awww :heart: thank you!
I will be sure to remind her that it is better for Grumbles, and tell her you said so :lol:. I really hope I can get the peach front, I feel like Grumbles is lonely while I am away at school. Then I also wouldn't feel so bad doing sports and such, and going on vacations. Even if they don't get along it is better to have someone to talk to rather than none. :)

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Have you met the bird? I'm still not sure if you have.
PFC should be slightly bigger than GCC. A GCC is 60 to 80 grams while a peach conure around 100 105 grams probably more tiel size. Some gcc are really small.

Remember they may be different in your house then they were in a shelter.
2 birds could be a plus as they could keep each other company & maybe keep grumbles from becoming a screamer if he feels he is alone too much. Length of school & activities is sort of like being at work. some birds are Ok with it & just play or nap. Some get frustrated & may start screaming or plucking.

I remember someones dad slept in the day...thought that was yours...oh well...that's good as its hard to sleep in the day with a bird in the house.

Sort of a growly high pitch squeak.

Currently there are no peach front conures in bird breeders so they may not be rare but they are also not common

Last edited:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
They are a bit larger than cheekies but smaller beaks than suns from the ones I have seen. I do not have one but the ones I interacted with are more independent and talkative. I rarely see them in rescue so perhaps that is the nudge for your mom? I hear they are generally very nice conures. I did see a batch of babies that were weaned and they were content to hang out on their cage or stand.

Heather F

Rollerblading along the road
I'm going to be the negative nancy here, just because I am really glad that we kept Frodo as an only bird until he was about two years old and past his "teen angst" period and we knew what his adult temperament. Grumbles is still a young little fella and he's going to start turning into a real handful one of these months when the hormones start kicking in and it will take him a while to settle down. It would be pretty challenging if that were to start up when he is also having to get used to sharing your attention with a new bird. (And in a few years you will have other stuff going on too in your own life and while it might be possible to take one bird with you to college or your first apartment or whatever, having multiple birds might limit a lot of your options.)

But if this is going to be primarily your mom's bird, then that's different... Maybe you guys could talk to the rescue and see what the possibilities might be, working around the renovations? Also ask them about any health problems that she might have coming from the previous home.

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
I'm going to be the negative nancy here, just because I am really glad that we kept Frodo as an only bird until he was about two years old and past his "teen angst" period and we knew what his adult temperament. Grumbles is still a young little fella and he's going to start turning into a real handful one of these months when the hormones start kicking in and it will take him a while to settle down. It would be pretty challenging if that were to start up when he is also having to get used to sharing your attention with a new bird. (And in a few years you will have other stuff going on too in your own life and while it might be possible to take one bird with you to college or your first apartment or whatever, having multiple birds might limit a lot of your options.)

But if this is going to be primarily your mom's bird, then that's different... Maybe you guys could talk to the rescue and see what the possibilities might be, working around the renovations? Also ask them about any health problems that she might have coming from the previous home.
Thanks for your opinion, always things to keep in mind :)
It goes in for a vet check today, as they all do when they come to the rescue. :)

Moshimaru

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Ephrum is bigger than the green cheeks, maybe a little bit than the Duskys, but small than a sun.

He's generally very quiet, he is really only noisy when he flies around and is a more of a evil laugh than squawking. He is a really sweet bird, not as mouthy as the cheek it's.

He also says a few words, step uprocess, hello, and goes beep beep. He also can say his name. I still haven't really been able to touch him other than him stepping up. He loves to give kisses too.

I would say to go for it!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Big decision. One bird is workable & 2 can create many problems. Have to buy a cage & possible future vet bills.
They may not like being out together so seperate out time or supervised. Could affect the bond you have with Grumbles as he is young
& you have had him not all that long in bird time. He may change with maturity & may be more of a challenge.

Still if Mom is on board & will share in responsibilty & care for them if you are busy with school then it could work.

Most important is to meet the bird. From what I can figure out you & your Mom found favor with a boarded PFC which is not this bird.
You don't know how this bird will react to you & you to it.

Certainly is a cute species & seems to be sweet & more quiet than the other aratingas. Also is a similar size to Grumbles so no one will have a unfair advantage. They might just be great company & make things easier if they entertain themselves & don;t rely on the humans for
every minute of companionship.

Exciting but you have your whole life in front of you & the road will be full of alot of uncertainty
so you need to make the decision with that in mind.

echobird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
He sure is a cutie! Does the rescue you volunteer at allow you to foster?
If so, I think it would be nice if you could bring him home and see how it goes. Your mom will be able to bond with him better as well.

Moshimaru

Avenue Veteran
I believe they were reclassified as Eupsittula. I would not say they're near as loud as say a sun (which I don't find very loud either).

Moshimaru

Avenue Veteran
Of course, it's because yesterday I said he didn't.... today he let me pet his head and he was in pure bliss! He also gave and received about a million kisses. He is probably the sweetest in my flock.

parrotluv

Avenue Veteran
I breed peach fronted conures, and actually have two weaned females ready to go. They are just slightly larger than a green check with a dainty head. At least mine are. The mom is a tiny female and the dad is much larger. They to have a loud squawk but not as loud as Suns. They are not cuddly like a green check and don't much enjoy petting. They do like being with you and hanging out within the family. Much more independent and less animated then gcc. They do have little attitudes and will let you know when you are disturbing them, but in a cute way. They learn to speak very well and clear like a Quaker.