• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Midair Collision

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a midair collision with their bird when going from one room to another?

For the most part I am pretty good about hearing Gracie when she is flying around the house following me around because she makes announcements everywhere she goes but today she finally got me. I was walking back from my bedroom and when I had left her in the other room she was eating from her dish which is usually pretty hard to tear her away from. As I was walking back into the room where I had left her her she comes wings out, landing gear down, and announcing landing on my forehead onto my scalp and over my head right for a touch and go landing to Bo's cage lol. I'm pretty sure we both miscalculated each other on this one because she got me pretty good and took some hair with her on her way to Bo. It's par for the course today lol.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor Gracie...stop moving, Mama! :)

Mine are pretty agile and can usually correct course for my movements, but they're also younger than Miss Gracie!

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Rhema will do it on purpose. She will fly around the room and buzz my head. It's like she can't make up her mind, "do I land? Yes......NO......ABORT, ABORT....." There have been a couple times where one has over estimated the landing and they grab a clawful of hair to stop themselves and end up upside down in my face or hanging off the back of my head.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Lol yeah she has been having her moments. She love to buzz us when we are trying to watch TV or if I am doing the dishes or something else around the house. I am more worried about her getting hurt then me my poor little girl.

@fluffypoptarts I keep forgetting to ask you about the avitech cage warmers. Do use them by chance?

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Boo has one, but I haven't used it yet. I just turn the heat up in the house. :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Rhema will do it on purpose. She will fly around the room and buzz my head. It's like she can't make up her mind, "do I land? Yes......NO......ABORT, ABORT....." There have been a couple times where one has over estimated the landing and they grab a clawful of hair to stop themselves and end up upside down in my face or hanging off the back of my head.
Sunshine Tiel does this all the time. He'll circle around my head, looking for a place to land, going in ever smaller circles. Finally he just plops onto my head...sometimes sliding off my head because there's no hair to grab on to....:rofl:

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Omg! These stories are great! :laughing12:

I hope Gracie is ok though :heart:

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Been hit, yes....
I turned around just as my tiel was flying to my shoulder from the back.
He hit me the side of my eye. I felt a scratch on my eyeball but it was ok.
He was fine but My eye felt bruised for a week.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a midair collision with their bird when going from one room to another?

For the most part I am pretty good about hearing Gracie when she is flying around the house following me around because she makes announcements everywhere she goes but today she finally got me. I was walking back from my bedroom and when I had left her in the other room she was eating from her dish which is usually pretty hard to tear her away from. As I was walking back into the room where I had left her her she comes wings out, landing gear down, and announcing landing on my forehead onto my scalp and over my head right for a touch and go landing to Bo's cage lol. I'm pretty sure we both miscalculated each other on this one because she got me pretty good and took some hair with her on her way to Bo. It's par for the course today lol.
When our tiels start flying laps it is a case of human beware. They can fly and maneuver beautifully but apparently humans are invisible to tiels ...

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Lol right that's pretty much what I think of when she does the touch and go landing.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I laughed so hard at "landing gear down".

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
That's what it is like with her all the time when she comes at me like that lol Legs stretched out for a landing, wings out and a calculating look in her eye for a spot to land.