• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

red raspberry tea

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I could swear he said loose leaf. but along with that $8.99 for 3 oz. of loose leaf from Dr. Jason is too expensive for my bank account. i'm going to talk to a friend of mine, that works in tea shop and she if she can get for me. she is so cranky right now and jumpy holy bucket she is nervous wreck and so is mom.

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
The red raspberry won't do much temperament. Ask about chamomile buds and red clover buds.

Needs to be pure herbal, no 'tea' in it, meaning no white, green, red, black, silver needle type, oolong, etc. You only want straight herbal type.

Check out etsy.com too, you can find small amounts and if you find an herbal or botanical vendor who carries all, might be able to get small amounts and save some $.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
ok I have some herbal tea in house, I know that I have chamomile already. let me go grab what I have see.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I raspberry zinger ingredients are hibiscus, rosehips roasted chicory ornge peel blackberry leaves red raspberry fruit and leaves but it's in tea bages

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
the chicory worries me the most, because it can be irritating.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Maybe something like whole foods. They sell lots of teas less than $9
Red clover. Is good. I have a chamomile ginger from traditional meds.

Be careful as bitds are sensitive to amounts.personally i would not dose w herbal suppliments as certain levels could be dangerous.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
ok I have some herbal tea in house, I know that I have chamomile already. let me go grab what I have see.

I don't use any 'tea', its over processed and not the natural dried herbal products you want and need. I personally would never use anything in a teabag from the grocery store for my guys. Did you look at etsy.com for red raspberry leaf? Check your local health stores, even farmers market often have alternative type herbal stores. Also Asian market might be an answer, see what they have for pure botanicals/ herbals. But just my opinion never use bagged / processed teabags.

And chamomile needs to be the buds, literally should look like little flower heads dried up.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
ok I'll try to find some thru my friend.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I raspberry zinger ingredients are hibiscus, rosehips roasted chicory ornge peel blackberry leaves red raspberry fruit and leaves but it's in tea bages

No fruit. Red raspberry leaf. Literally it looks like a pile of dried green fluff! Think botanical, literally just the dried plant. Sorry when I said straight herbal, was not meaning tea, meant herbal in dried herb definition I have to laugh at myself feel like a sales pitch for Marijuana!

Here's example of what you're looking for. Check out Teaks for Beaks, not sure how they price up to Grey Manor. But by the time you buy quality red raspberry, chamomile and or red clover, the $8.99 isn't bad. And 3 oz is more herbal product then you might think.

Red Raspberry Leaf Loose Herb Organic SALE by EarthWiseOrganics

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
The red raspberry won't do much temperament. Ask about chamomile buds and red clover buds.

Needs to be pure herbal, no 'tea' in it, meaning no white, green, red, black, silver needle type, oolong, etc. You only want straight herbal type.

Check out etsy.com too, you can find small amounts and if you find an herbal or botanical vendor who carries all, might be able to get small amounts and save some $.
I don't suppose you have a link for the chamomile and clover buds? I'd like to try them with Tuck my little nutter. I did order the raspberry for Rue who is laying as well. :)

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I'll try to find some somehow.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

Pipsqueak

Avenue Veteran
nuts.com has chamomile as well.

Wendy :-)

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Wendy Davis
Hello everyone, I know this is a very old thread but it looks like some of you, especially Jennifer, are still around. I am brand new to this group and I joined because I stumbled across this thread. I am in search of info regarding red raspberry leaves and any other suggestions regarding hormones and egg laying regarding a female eclectus I adopted approx 2 years ago. She is the sweetest bird I’ve ever encountered. She was in a hoarding situation. She seems to be trying to express her gratitude to me ‍♀ She’s gone from a bird so inquisitive and friendly to one who runs into any corner, preferably dark, and tries to entice me to join her or she cries to be fed. Her cries of this sort truly hurt my ears. Fortunately, she only cries when she sees me? as I’ve read the opposite for so many others in that their relentless cries out to be fed occur when their chosen one isn’t in sight. I know to be cautious and pet only her head but I seldom can even do that now because she tries to feed from my finger or at best she then runs to the bottom of the cage trying to entice me to join her ‍♀ We’ve actually come a long way. She’s not laying eggs as frequently, she looses interest in them quicker and doesn’t always cry out to be fed now. Sometimes she even drops an egg from her perch and goes on about her day not even acknowleding it (broken in bottom of tray). I’m hoping the red raspberry leaf will help during her hormonal periods. I’d like to learn more about it. Such things as how much and how often. What about an extract of it? Is it better to use year round and let her choose how much? or seasonally? I am a FB member of Avian Raw Whole Food. I just stumbled across this page before I’ve researched there. Any info would be greatly appreciated.