• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wing Appreciation Post

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
@kczoe321
I know this is an old thread but it has new life!
The pictures are so beautiful - what colors!
I hope flying is going much better now after a few months of practice!

kczoe321

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Kerri
Wow guys, thank you so much for the love! Blue and I will have been together for 3 years soon and I still can't get over how beautiful his feathers are. I don't think that I ever will. Something about a bird's wings just captivates me.

I do have some more pictures!

IMG_3450.jpg

IMG_3500.jpg

IMG_4675.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

(Apologies that they are not the clearest)

Blue is happy and healthy but his flying has not really improved. He still remains reluctant and his aim is not the best. He can successfully fly in a circle and manage to land in the general area that he wants to, but he's not very accurate or consistent. My theory is that his poor flying skills come from a mixture of being clipped at an early age and poor eyesight from his cataracts.

He doesn't let that stop him, though. Nothing could deter this little booger from doing something that he wants to. He is the sassiest (and bossiest) being that I know, and that includes the people in my life.

I mean, just look at this little face

IMG_1179.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Blue is beautiful.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
His colours are gorgeous - they go from an almost sky blue in some places to what I'd called a royal blue bordering on purple.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry to hear that his flying is compromised :( but I think it's adorable how sassy these tiny birds are :xflove:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
My theory is that his poor flying skills come from a mixture of being clipped at an early age and poor eyesight from his cataracts.
Titan is also that way. Although fully flighted now, he had him clipped for the first ten years with us. Because of that, he prefers to walk rather than fly, and isn't a strong flyer once he gets going.
I am so glad we are more enlightened now, and I hope Titan forgives us for being so stupid...

Jobot

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jo
Such a handsome boy! What mutation is he? Blue fallow?

kczoe321

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Kerri
I just snapped another good one of Blue's wing feathers while we were looking at the fish tank. So gorgeous!

IMG_5750.JPG

I just love wing pictures so much. If anyone has any wing feather pictures to share, they can! I can never get over how beautiful a bird's wings are. :pinklol3:

claricia54

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Stephane
Isn't it amazing when they take flight, do a lap and come back around Refus de Crédit? And I love that you got the photo of him stretching his wing out over his leg; I always find it so funny when they do that.

He's a beautiful little blue boy, BTW. :heart::heart::heart:
I must admit that it is really very pretty and in addition, it is a rare bird is not it.