• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am so sad

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Good luck tomorrow!!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Thanks.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
MRI is done. I thought it was going to kill me though. It was a vertical MRI. So sitting in an 18inch space with head back and shoulders rounded forward and unable to move for 35 minutes. My left upper back and shoulder was cramping so bad and it was hurting like he!!. But I couldn't move or it would screw up the images and there was no way I could sit through retakes. After it was over the technician said that those were the best images she had ever gotten. Practically no motion artifacts. So I did good, even if I did think I was going to die. Dr's appointment next week will give me the results and then see what treatment options are.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I had to do that when I ended up in the emergency room a month ago but it was a lay down unit. Also had to do it in 09 when they wanted to see how my broken arm was doing.
Luckily both times the images were good. Was kinda hard to lay there and try to be still as all of a sudden you'll get twitchy or something after being there with all the noise going on. I had to wait many hours on my bed waiting in the emergency room for the blood tests to come back to make sure the contrast agent wouldn't kill my kidneys. Only good part was I got to rest and calm down after hearing they thought it was a sinus and inner ear issue rather than a stroke and images proved it.
The tech probaby had a good idea what was up good or bad but only a Doc can give you the results and we're all hoping for good and if a issue easily fixed:hug8:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Gahhhh I can't STAND MRIs. My last one, I had an ultrasound of my bladder first, then to add insult to injury an MRI of the shoulder. They literally walked me from one to the other.

She packed my shoulder into a sort of 3-sided box, brought tears just doing that....then said stay there for 45 min. Yeah in pain that was like 8/10. I had listed things in my head to think about so I forced myself to do that during the MRI.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
This site has TV you can watch with closed captioning. Unfortunately my vision is about 20/400 or 20/500 and you can't wear glasses. I could see flashing lights on the screen and nothing else. So I closed my eyes and took slow even breaths and thought about what I was going to do after it was done.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
After I was done I went and bought myself a new outfit. It is a cute sweater dress and a pair of leggings. I also went to steak and shake and got an eggnog milkshake.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
MRI is done. I thought it was going to kill me though. It was a vertical MRI. So sitting in an 18inch space with head back and shoulders rounded forward and unable to move for 35 minutes. My left upper back and shoulder was cramping so bad and it was hurting like he!!. But I couldn't move or it would screw up the images and there was no way I could sit through retakes. After it was over the technician said that those were the best images she had ever gotten. Practically no motion artifacts. So I did good, even if I did think I was going to die. Dr's appointment next week will give me the results and then see what treatment options are.
Hope they figure it out & its easily treated...

:cry3::cry3::cry3:
Hate those wait things...35 minutes....:faint:

I was doing a stand up xray & it was murder to stand still & not breathe for a minute...
Then on the gurney the xrays...trying to hold my foot still waiting for the click...

Well least you got your procedure.

As in true form to the horrible luck I have been having the medical transport screwed up 2X this week & I missed a 2nd orthopedic appointment. Now I have to wait another week...

4 weeks...oh you're in the medical field...what do you think?.

intra articular (into joint) fracture of medial aspect distal metaphysis of front proximal phalanx
(2nd bone of big toe)...not sure of rest but medial is center & distal is away from body so I assume the break is on the top of the bone not the bottom.

I read intra articular is not good especally big toe!!!!

:crycry2:

Last edited:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Hope they figure it out & its easily treated...

:cry3::cry3::cry3:
Hate those wait things...35 minutes....:faint:

I was doing a stand up xray & it was murder to stand still & not breathe for a minute...
Then on the gurney the xrays...trying to hold my foot still waiting for the click...

Well least you got your procedure.

As in true form to the horrible luck I have been having the medical transport screwed up 2X this week & I missed a 2nd orthopedic appointment. Now I have to wait another week...

4 weeks...oh your a nurse with a...

intra articular (into joint) fracture of medial aspect distal metaphysis of front proximal phalanx
(2nd bone of big toe)...not sure of rest but medial is center & distal is away from body so I assume the break is on the top of the bone not the bottom.

I read intra articular is not good especally big toe!!!!

:crycry2:

Sounds to me like it is the inner edge of the end plate of the toe bone.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Sounds to me like it is the inner edge of the end plate of the toe bone.
Top of proximal phalanx or bottom? (thought distal was top of bones away from body)

http://forums.avianavenue.com/index...-foot-knocked-me-to-the-street.182696/page-13

Post # 252 mid of page has a poor copy of the xray...I personally don't see the break but maybe the copy is bad. I have the xrays on CD but I can't view/open them as they need a special program.

I might see a faint line from top left corner coming down in at a 45 degree angle into middle of bone to the right side of the bone...thats pretty big.

4 weeks...not good if its healing wrong...

Last edited:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Well I saw my Dr. on Friday and received the results of my MRI. I will probably have to have Surgery. My family Dr suggested that I have laser surgery. He said of course it is my choice whether I have conventional surgery or laser surgery. But suggested I see the neurosurgeon first.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
It is my hope to manage symptoms for now if it is possible. Since I would have to go to either Cleveland or Cincinnati for the laser surgery. I would rather do it in early June when the weather is more likely to be stable. That would also give me time to save up a little money and accrue some vacation time.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Having insurance or medical coverage is only half the battle, the other half is actually scheduling things in a way that won't stress you out because the procedure is being done. The second's almost more important than the first because if you're stressed out it can affect your recovery. :hug8::hug8:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Do the laser if possible. Loads less recovery time. And collateral damage from the incision it's self. I did ortho post op care and physical medicine and rehabilitation for twenty plus years. Now you know the source, you can get it fixed properly.

If you can, have the doc or a PT give you a list of gentle neck strengtening exercises to condition your muscles before surgery. It helps prevent pain from returning and will also enhance the surgery recovery.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Sorry you have to have surgery., and I hope your plan to postpone it until June works out!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I'm sorry. I know it isi both disappointing and scary to have surgery. I wish there was another way.