• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beni

KatherinesBirds

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
Fly high and free little Beni. Your mommy loves you so much.

I am sorry for your loss friend. I too held my dear Kiwi, a lovebird, at the moment of her passing to rainbow bridge. Your dear little Beni will be there, perched on the bridge and waiting for you with the same anticipation that he always had. May you find peace in knowing that he waits now.
K.

Last edited:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I miss my Beni so much. I can't seem to stop thinking about him. In a little under 4 hours, it will be a week since that moment that he passed away in my hands. Everything seems divided into "before Beni passed" and "after Beni passed".

There's one meal left from what I was making the Tuesday before he passed away - when he hopped onto the cutting board and helped himself to the broccoli. I can't eat it, yet I can't throw it away.

There's a save game I had from a couple of days before he passed away. I can't save over it.

I still haven't washed the clothes I wore the last full day that he was alive. I'm going to try to do that soon.

I know that there's no helping grief. It just has to be endured.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:sadhug::sadhug2::sadhug:
I'm so sorry, it's so hard.:( It seems like time goes by so slowly only in the instances when it would be more helpful if it went by fast.

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry. :( Poor Beni. I'm sure he knew he was loved.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry. :( Poor Beni. I'm sure he knew he was loved.
I hope so. We just never know when they're going to leave us. :( I'm definitely not feeling the upcoming holiday at all. I think I'll ignore it.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
So very sorry for your loss ...It's never the right time, and never gets easy. The things we love are not ours to keep. :darkcloud:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sadhug::sadhug2::sadhug:
I'm so sorry, it's so hard.:( It seems like time goes by so slowly only in the instances when it would be more helpful if it went by fast.
Thank you. :( I agree. I'm very grateful that my other babies are here with me, squeaking and insisting.

Heather F

I didn't see this until today. I'm so sorry! Beni was such a sweet charming little bird. :sad11:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
What a nice urn. I am so sorry you are grieving. It is because you had great love though.

Someone told me to take pictures of those things....the broccoli meal, the clothes.... sort of like a memorial. I do think it helps.

I'm still grieving for Tully bird. The vet was here tonight and looked at the tiel cage and said, you lost one from there right? (This is a diff vet from the one that treated him.) He asked questions about him, then was shocked that Tully was only 18 months old....and said he was so sorry....and it slammed me in the gut again.

:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a nice urn. I am so sorry you are grieving. It is because you had great love though.

Someone told me to take pictures of those things....the broccoli meal, the clothes.... sort of like a memorial. I do think it helps.
Thank you... I thought it suited my little gentleman. Love becomes so painful in the end. :(

That's a good idea. Thank you, I'll try that. (I had really wanted a picture back when he jumped into the broccoli, but I felt sure he wouldn't let me get it.)

I'm still grieving for Tully bird. The vet was here tonight and looked at the tiel cage and said, you lost one from there right? (This is a diff vet from the one that treated him.) He asked questions about him, then was shocked that Tully was only 18 months old....and said he was so sorry....and it slammed me in the gut again.

:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:
I'm so sorry to hear about your little Tully. :sadhug: There's never a good time, but 18 months is much too young to say goodbye. :shakehead:

KatherinesBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
I see that you are a spiritual person. I understand. It was August 31st of this year that Chuckles, my friend of 24 years was put to sleep. It makes me tear up to this day. You know that Beni is still there with you in spirit, don't you? Talk to him. He will hear you.

J.K.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I see that you are a spiritual person. I understand. It was August 31st of this year that Chuckles, my friend of 24 years was put to sleep. It makes me tear up to this day. You know that Beni is still there with you in spirit, don't you? Talk to him. He will hear you.

J.K.
I am definitely a spiritual person. I hope Beni is still here in spirit. I did talk to him earlier - I talked to the mug I made with his pictures (using Zazzle, a while ago).

I'm so sorry about Chuckles! :( I cannot even imagine what it would be like to say goodbye after 24 years.:darkcloud:

Debbie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Debbie
I am so sorry that you lost your Lovebird Beni...He looked like a delightful little bird. My Caique that I had for 15 yrs died in my hands also..it's so hard...I remember saying No, No...over and over as I could feel the life leaving his body and willing it not to be so. I can relate to not wanting to wash your clothes...We have a big glass door leading out to our backyard...dogs always leave their nose prints...and of course one always complains about having to clean those nose prints off the glass all the time. When my Collie passed...I looked at his nose prints on the glass...they stayed there for weeks...I didn't have the heart to clean them off of the glass....and it was one of the hardest things I had to do to clean his last nose prints off. Needless to say I don't complain that much any more over doggie nose prints..
All I can say is that as painful as it is...at least you have lots of good memories of your little guy... (((HUGS))))

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Im really sorry...i just now seen this post. Im so sorry about beni boy...he lived a good happy life with you. Im only a text away sweetie. Hugs.