• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Zebra Finches?

Should I get the Zebra Finches.

• Yeah!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BirdLover_

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Carter
I've lately been thinking of investing in a pair of Zebra Finches. They seem really fun to have. Obviously not going to expose them to pur conures but they seem like a fun time. Obviously they aren't as smart but still are cool. I'd enjoy hearing them chirp and sing as many people enjoy listening to them.

Opinions? :)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Ahem. My former zebras say "We is too just as smarts!!!"

I say try them. Just a tip, finches are messier than bigger birds. All my 'big bird' friends complain about that. :D

For a pair, please do get a cage at LEAST 30x18x18. Zebras are busy and need flying space.

BirdLover_

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Carter
Ahem. My former zebras say "We is too just as smarts!!!"

I say try them. Just a tip, finches are messier than bigger birds. All my 'big bird' friends complain about that. :D

For a pair, please do get a cage at LEAST 30x18x18. Zebras are busy and need flying space.
Alright will do! I havent done much research on their mating schedule, are they very active with mating? I obviously dont want 10x as many finches haha.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Ummm rabbits got nuttin' on zebras!:rolleyes:

They breed like crazy. You could get 2 males ... that is the best way to be sure you don't have more.

If you 'must' have a hen, don't give them a nest, and throw out eggs (which will be in the feed cups, on the floor, etc.) I even had a pair build a nest on TOP of a wicker nest, which of course it all kept sliding off. So did the egg she laid up there. :faint:

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
if you want zebras, you should ask questions on canary and finch court! :)

Featheredfuffs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
Definitely get them!!! I had one once, their enthusiastic little beeps are so sweet:zf1: :joyful: