• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

October Shutterbug Contest-BUGS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
I'm not sure if this guy qualifies as a bug, (I think he should) but we encountered him in the Pacific Northwest on vacation last Spring. My Husband calls them Banana Slugs. I almost threw up because I found him under the trash can handle when I went to open the trash can. (I touched him. UUGGHH-BLECK!) Yes, in all of his Slugginess. He was a good 8-10 inches.
document-6.jpg

Last edited:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm not sure if this guy qualifies as a bug, (I think he should) but we encountered him in the Pacific Northwest on vacation last Spring. My Husband calls them Banana Slugs. I almost threw up because I found him under the trash can handle when I went to open the trash can. Yes, in all of his Slugginess. He was a good 8-10 inches.
View attachment 234965

Wow! He is huge!!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Stink bug????

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:bump7:Just a heads up. I will not be home till Sunday the day this contest ends for entries. So get them in ASAP. :bump8:

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Will post more over the next few days! :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I'm not sure if this guy qualifies as a bug, (I think he should) but we encountered him in the Pacific Northwest on vacation last Spring. My Husband calls them Banana Slugs. I almost threw up because I found him under the trash can handle when I went to open the trash can. (I touched him. UUGGHH-BLECK!) Yes, in all of his Slugginess. He was a good 8-10 inches.
View attachment 234965
I LOVE BANANA SLUGS! Could not believe it the first time I saw one on my first visit out here N Cal before moving. They are huge! I would not want to touch one though. ick. lol.

Rolanda

I LOVE BANANA SLUGS! Could not believe it the first time I saw one on my first visit out here N Cal before moving. They are huge! I would not want to touch one though. ick. lol.
Yes, Slimy... So Gross I had to psyche myself out "I didn't touch it, I didn't touch it, I didn't touch it..." Then change the subject in my mind FOR MYSELF so I didn't get sick! LOL!

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Yes, Slimy... So Gross I had to psyche myself out "I didn't touch it, I didn't touch it, I didn't touch it..." Then change the subject in my mind FOR MYSELF so I didn't get sick! LOL!
I had to move one that was on other half's motorcycle cover and couldn't believe how heavy it was. They got a lot less cute that day, lol. I do love a slug though. really anything with eyes on stalks:D

Rolanda

I had to move one that was on other half's motorcycle cover and couldn't believe how heavy it was. They got a lot less cute that day, lol. I do love a slug though. really anything with eyes on stalks:D
Hubby said they get big & or small depending on the amount of moisture around. Can you imagine a few of them together? I would certainly get sick.:shocked5:

Status
Not open for further replies.