• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Play gym type toys for littles

SamandWilley

Walking the driveway
Real Name
DeAnna
I was watching a video on YouTube where this budgie owner had various playhouse type toys and Knex sets for the birds to play on. I thought, what a good idea! Has anyone on here done this? I saw this on Craigslist, and wondered if these type toys would be fun for the birdies? I have lovebirds, so not heavy, but can be destructo birds! LOL!!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Oh that looks really, really cute!

allie136

Strolling the yard
I've seen some of those video's but wonder if small birds really play with such toys? Maybe if introduced to them from an early age? My budgie's rarely played with their bird toys nevermind anything else. I think a larger parrot seems more likely to investigate and play with things, like they need more stimulation than the little ones? Not owned a larger parrot so I don't know for sure, they just appear more confident, inquisitive and lively from ones I've seen online and in pet stores.

I've bought everything needed ready for my new budgie except for food and a few toys, so will be watching this thread for any ideas on good toys for small birds. :shopcart:

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
No input but that is the cutest play set!

mstomcat65

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marti
That is really cute!! I have also looked for baby toys for my birds to play with. Gizmo is still afraid of toys but getting better. Lacey likes the bead balls for babies.
713GbOAMpDL__SY355_.jpg 6b3347660096ba790629d1a292f61d42.jpg

SamandWilley

Walking the driveway
Real Name
DeAnna
I am not sure either! So far, mine have played with every toy I put in there with the exception of a hanging toy that is made with a half of a wiffle ball with bells and pacifiers hanging from it. I think I just got too big of a toy. They were not afraid of it. I made a crazy toy on a seagrass mat, and hung it in the cage. It took them about 15 minutes to attack it. Here is a link to the video I saw:

allie136

Strolling the yard
That's one of the vids I saw too! Her bird's are so interactive for budgies, adorable when he flicks the disco ball off again and again :cheer:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I would just make sure with toys with moving parts that they can't get a claw stuck somewhere.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Yes it's cute but I see several places where they can get their head stuck, so for me, no no!
But I have a lot of baby toys for my parrots, and they are often safe.
Brio is my favorite! A Swedish company that make HQ wood toys.