• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New caique

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Yay, was worried he would go downhill. Thank you for taking him in. A cute little babe he she is

Katelyn768

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Katelyn
So one person attempted to claim the bird but their story didn't add up. They couldn't even describe the area it was lost, and it's a very scenic area where many go for wedding pictures, there's just certain things there that people know it by. They also couldn't come up with proof of ownership, no pictures or anything. So, unless something changes, as of last Sunday the birdie is now part of my flock.

He/she is doing very well and over the last few days has started to refuse feedings or only take a little bit. He's very playful and lays on his back to play with toys!

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
My first thought was...Samson .
Idk why,lol

Last edited:

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
MIRACLE ~ that's what I would name the little survivor!! :dancing:

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
So glad the little champ is doing better, I was worried. Great news that you found the formula and there is plenty of great advice in this thread.

How long since he was found? I'd try not to get too deeply attached just yet, in case the owner is found. Where he was found may not be where he was lost, a little thing like that could get carried a long way on the wind.

But good luck and if no owner materialises you'll have yourself a lovely new flock mate. But watch him near your other birds as he grows as Caique are little firecrackers.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Thank you for taking him in and getting him to finally eat. What a cutie.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:omg::faint: This sweet lil cake flew in a week after Peaches passed....How profound.

Hope Katelyn & the flock are doing well.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Oh my he is adorable