• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby female?

Milestone

Sprinting down the street
I just got these pics of the baby budgie I'm getting. It looks like a female to me... hmm. What do you think? IMG_5310.jpg IMG_2413.jpg IMG_9359.jpg

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Perhaps too soon to tell?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute!

Milestone

The breeder said he'll send pics of the other chicks tomorrow so I can decide for sure which one. One of the chicks is pure white with red eyes.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very cute. Congratulations.

Reggie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Reggie
I actually think this particular bird is male, but it might be soon to tell!
I hope I get to see some pics of that albino!

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
In my opinion its too soon to tell

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Not sure... hard to tell in the pictures.

Cute!

Milestone

Well it took longer to get the pics but here they are. What do they look like? Males or females? Top, middle, bottom and white? image.jpeg image.jpeg

Milestone

IMG_5415.jpg And another pic of the one I'm supposed to get. I'm really finding it hard picking one.

Last edited:

allie136

Strolling the yard
My guess is top and bottom males, middle one and white females? so cute... I saw some today and really got tempted to buy one but had someone with me saying they were too noisy and messy, but they were in a group so chattering to each other, one on it's own wouldn't be so noisy. The ones I've had before weren't. Will this be your first budgie? Are they hand raised or just been tamed early?

Milestone

Will this be your first budgie? Are they hand raised or just been tamed early?
There was a budgie but she was a family bird and I was quite young. She died from laying to much eggs. The babies are hand fed and tamed.

karen256

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
My guess is top and bottom males, middle one and white females? so cute... I saw some today and really got tempted to buy one but had someone with me saying they were too noisy and messy, but they were in a group so chattering to each other, one on it's own wouldn't be so noisy. The ones I've had before weren't. Will this be your first budgie? Are they hand raised or just been tamed early?
I would guess the same - relative to the others, the top and bottom ones look like they have brighter ceres than the other two making them males.
But, it's also possible they are all females, they all have some white on their ceres and I'm not sure if it's due to the lighting or if the ceres really look like that.
Are those pictures the breeder sent you or that you took? You should be able to tell much better in person since the photos arent very well lit.

Milestone

Are those pictures the breeder sent you or that you took? You should be able to tell much better in person since the photos arent very well lit.
The breeder sent them yeah. I agree they aren't very good pics. I thought the middle one looked male because of the more pink cere?

karen256

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
The breeder sent them yeah. I agree they aren't very good pics. I thought the middle one looked male because of the more pink cere?
It is more pink but there just is a lot more white on the cere. But it can be really hard to tell in photos as the lighting and exposure really can make it look so different. In person, it is much easier to tell.
I was looking back at some of my old pictures of Sammy when he was a baby and even though I was always sure he was a male, his cere looks almost white in a few photos because of how the light hit it (but looks definitely purple in several other photos taken the same day).

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
Its a little bit blurry, out of the greens i think the middle one is a female and the other two are male.

Milestone

Thanks, I picked the bottom one out of the three in the pic. So in around 3 weeks he/she should be ready. :)