• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poor baby!

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
So tonight when I let Piper in I noticed that part of her jaw was swollen. She's been bitten by something! The vet said to give her Benadryl, which we have, but if everyone could say some prayers or send some good wishes this way, we'd appreciate it. She's my baby and I hate to see her feeling bad. Hopefully she'll be better by in the morning. We've got a close eye on her and a vet call in the morning if she isn't better.:sad11: IMG_0812.JPG IMG_0813.JPG

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Get better soon. The Benadryl will help but it will make her sleepy.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Oh, poor Piper. Sending positive healing thoughts. Hopefully the Benadryl will do the trick.
:sadhug2:

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
He said it would make her either sleepy or hyper, but so far it's made her both. She moved if I move, gets up if I get up, ect. She's breaking my heart right now :/

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Poor baby! I hope Piper gets better soon. :hug8:
She's very pretty by the way, I just love the bullies. :heart:

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Thank you! I have a weakness for pits, and she's my youngest. She just turned a year old in July View attachment 234721

Please excuse the pile of clothes in the background, I was in the middle of laundry when this happened.
She's really so cute! I can relate. :hehe: I have a total weakness for them, too.

I sadly had to rehome my pit bull a couple years back since I realized I just couldn't provide the best home for him. This was my boy, Prince. He really was such a sweetheart. :heart: I miss him but he's happier where he is now and I have my Bullmastiff girl now. :xflove:

IMG_4811.PNG

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I'm terrible about it. Haha. I have to stop myself from rescuing all the ones at the shelter....I would if I could :( I rescued my other one about 2 years ago when someone left her outside (in the snow) to die...she was emaciated, heart worm positive and had a litter of puppies that had frozen to death in the snow. My weakness is strong when it comes to animals, but especially dogs. IMG_0815.PNG
The first photo is the day she came to me. The second one is about a year after she had been with me and gained some weight. I honesty thought she wasn't going to make it. Now she's fat and healthy, lol.

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I'm terrible about it. Haha. I have to stop myself from rescuing all the ones at the shelter....I would if I could :( I rescued my other one about 2 years ago when someone left her outside (in the snow) to die...she was emaciated, heart worm positive and had a litter of puppies that had frozen to death in the snow. My weakness is strong when it comes to animals, but especially dogs. View attachment 234725
The first photo is the day she came to me. The second one is about a year after she had been with me and gained some weight. I honesty thought she wasn't going to make it. Now she's fat and healthy, lol.
Oh my gosh, poor girl. I can't imagine how cruel and sick someone has to be to allow that to happen. :(

Thank god you rescued her. :hug8:
She looks as happy as can be, love those goofy ears. :D

I'm the same, would rescue them all if I could too. Both my cats and my two pups are rescues, it truly is the best route to go. :)

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I hope she gets better!
My dog was stung by a bee last week. :(
Did the swelling wind up rock hard, almost like a knot? That's what it felt like when I checked on her this morning

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
We have a vet appt at 10:30. The Benadryl didn't help and now it's rock hard up under her mouth, almost feels like a golf ball. Probably an abscess. I swear she stays in some sort of trouble :/

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
She was bitten by a snake. She also had an ear infection that I was not aware of. So hopefully after a few days with meds and my baby will be back to normal :sad11:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Awwww poor girl.I Hope she feels better soon. :sadhug2:

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
She was bitten by a snake. She also had an ear infection that I was not aware of. So hopefully after a few days with meds and my baby will be back to normal :sad11:
Sending positive thoughts that it heals up quickly! :sadhug2:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I hope that she feels better soon.

rocky'smom