• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Fish tank therapy!

Angel_Kisses

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Angel
When Sunny was sick from being over clipped, I bought a fish tank with the intentions of giving it to my daughter for her classroom. Turns out it is great therapy for Sunny and I kept the tank for him. I had to buy a second fish tank with all goodies and shipped it to my daughter. Sunny loves to sit everyday on his jungle gym and watch the fish. My parrotlet loves it! image.jpeg

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
That's really cute!

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
Awww! He looks so cute, and content watching the tank... almost like it's a television.:goodjob:
Can you forward the link about how he got sick? I must have missed it.

Angel_Kisses

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Angel
Hope your little guy is doing well! I know I spent1600 or so when my parrotlet tore out all his feathers 2 days after a vet clipped his wings too short! New vet ran different tests n put him under sedation twice and took skin sample. Turns out my little guy has no diseases or skin issues of any kind. Sunny tore out his stitches then the glue twice. He had a hole in his back from skin biopsy. He now healed but still can't fly but he got two flight feathers. He got sick after seeing first vet , they think from stress of having his wings clipped so short. ( toe nails too) My new vet was shocked at how close to his little wings he been clipped. He would drop like a rock n could not keep on his perches. Hisbalance was off. New Vet found out Sunny had too much gas in his gut and yeast,they think it was from the stress of being severely clipped. He got sicker n sicker before I took him to a new vet becausehe didn't want to play or come out of hiscage! But I didn't realize at first he just seemed depressed and grumpy.
I found new vet about three weeks afterhis severe clipping. It was a hardestdecision because I didn't think he survivebeing put under. My vet did a great job. But I'm still torn up if he needed all those tests.
He was on four different medicines. Nowhe off the medicine and he gettingfeathers but he still pulling some out. I moved his cage, change his toys ever month n give him tons of attention. I am broke now so I pray no one else gets sick. I need to get a bigger cage for baby tiel n Koolaid-aid! ( saving up for it) I can imagine the stress you must be underwhen one of your flock is sick, Poor Rudy! I'm so glad he improving. I been doingblessings for his health!!!
I posted it in a different forum!

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
Poor Baby! That is HORRIBLE! Both Financially and Emotionally for both of you! The fish tank gives him something to do besides worry about feathers. Sweet little guy!

Angel_Kisses

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Angel
Thank you ! Yes there are only two bird vets in the entire area. Next one is like 2 hours away!;)

Reggie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Reggie
My birds love watching my fish tank too!

Molo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Maureen
Hope your birdie is feeling better soon. What fish do you have in the tank???

Molo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Maureen
I thought so when I seen the neon in your tank, I have wanted to get a glo fish tank for my kids for a while now, they are so pretty!