• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This could be a problem...

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
It sounds like he's already moved in :lol: I think you should go get him. He sounds like your heart bird if I didn't know any better

SeverelySweet

Sprinting down the street
Oooh, do I ever feel your pain! That you had the willpower to not bring him home is amazing...that definitely wouldn't have been me, I can tell you that much!

I'm a huge fan of Blue Throated Macaws (second, of course, to Syd). The breeder who owns the shop Syd came from just recently (6 months ago) successfully hatched 3 BTM eggs, and it's been all I can possibly do to not max out my credit cards on the purchase of one, and have her start bringing them to the shop for visitation and bonding time!

I'm an enabler....sorry...go get your featherbaby!

dwright27

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dawn
No no no... you are all meant to be talking me out of it and telling me how awful yellow collared macaws are so I don't want to go rushing back and take him home... haha.

I wish they were a bit more popular so I could find some more info on them or visit some more. There's not even many videos on YouTube.

Maybe I do need to go back and get him so I can report back and fill the internet up with more information on them. Yep, it's my civil duty... :lol:
Lol you came to the wrong place to be talked OUT of this!! I'd love to learn more about YCMs too.

SamanthaAV

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
No no no... you are all meant to be talking me out of it and telling me how awful yellow collared macaws are so I don't want to go rushing back and take him home... haha.

I wish they were a bit more popular so I could find some more info on them or visit some more. There's not even many videos on YouTube.

Maybe I do need to go back and get him so I can report back and fill the internet up with more information on them. Yep, it's my civil duty... :lol:
I don't know very much about macaws but it sounds to me like you have a duty to go get that bird and teach us all about it.

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I hope all goes well! He's very cute. :heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Oh my I want him/her. It's a good thing I am not in Australia.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I hope someone else doesn't decide faster! If they're that uncommon in Australia, someone will snap him or her up. "The saddest words of tongue or pen are these: it might have been."

bumblebee

Walking the driveway
Sorry for not updating any sooner!

I spent all week thinking it through and discussing it with my boyfriend, who said he'd be happy for me to get him if it was what I really wanted and he was the right bird for me. We rushed off back to the store this weekend but sadly, he had been sold while I was away thinking it through... :sad3:

I was initially really upset and had to hold back some tears when they told me because I was so disappointed but the news did come with some silver lining as they passed on the information of the breeder who supplied the macaw to them. I've been in touch with her and she seems like an absolutely lovely lady and said she should have a baby or two later this year or next. She said she would be happy for me to visit her and the babies as much as I'd like so I can play with the babies and her adult birds so I can get more exposure to them as breed. She sounded really nice and I'm really excited about that at least... :xflove:

I'm still sad I missed out on this little guy. I was sulking all weekend and my boyfriend had to console me with hugs and chocolate. He seemed so beautiful and sweet, but I guess it wasn't meant to be...

I'm really disappointed I waited to go back but, at the same time, I'm glad I thought about it long and hard and talked it through with my boyfriend as now I really feel yellow collared macaws are definitely the bird for me and I'd love to welcome one into our family soon. :heart:

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I'm sorry you couldn't have gotten him, but I'm happy to hear that you're in contact with the breeder. :)
I just had a similar thing happen, with a 'tiel girlie who got adopted before I could bring her home.
Sometimes things just aren't meant to be, but when it's right everything will work out. :hug8:

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm sorry you missed out on this little guy, although I actually would have been surprised if he had still been there considering how infrequently YCM are to be found in Aus.

Still, as you say, you got an excellent silver lining. She sounds like a great breeder and, with any luck, your disappointment will be short lived. Fingers crossed for you :)

dwright27

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dawn
Oh no.. I'm so sorry you've had to deal with such disappointment. That would be crushing. But good on you for putting a positive spin on it! Now you'll be even more prepared, and the breeder might let you get your "fix" in the meantime. I'm impressed with the store owner for putting you in contact with the breeder. Here in Canada the stores will refuse to give out that information because it means less money for them.

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
We love our Yellow Collar, Max; Mini Macaws are active, adorable and fun and a 25 year commitment to love and care. Wishing you the best in your decision.