• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BScoot at the vet

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Will you take him to the vet for another shot on Monday?

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Any chance there's something environmental that's disturbing him? New noise in the house, source of light, etc? I'd want to be sure to rule that out, since there isn't a clear physiological cause right now.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
He fell again just now, but was bright and chipper when I went in. Nothing has changed that I can see. He didn't eat too many nutriberries last night so I topped him up with harrisons ground pellets formula.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I'm sorry he is still falling.All of My birds love chicken bones-even the IRN's Saroj-do you have a platform perch for him to sleep on-maybe it would help(just a thought):hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I'm sorry he is still falling.All of My birds love chicken bones-even the IRN's Saroj-do you have a platform perch for him to sleep on-maybe it would help(just a thought):hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:
yes, i can put one in and see. I'll get some chicken thighs today and try. Is it the marrow they are supposed to like?

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Oh no Saroj :(

When I first got Cyd, she went into egg laying mode and because of her diet she was on deaths door. I would offer all these different things, and in the end she was just filling up on her favourite foods which left her with poor vitamin levels and she was not able to recoup from laying eggs. My vet said, straight and complete diet of Harrison's. Nothing else. Because it is a complete diet you don't have to supplement. I put all my birds on that for a year, nothing else but the occasional treat.

It never dawned on me what could happen if they weren't getting the proper nutrients and they would pick and choose their favourite foods.

Anyway, now, Harrison's only throughout the day, HP Mash for breakfast and pellets during the day with like a teaspoon of fresh food, not much. Then at bed they get their treats which would still be healthy, Nuts, and a nutriberry or few.

If he isn't taking to the HP Course, you can give the HP Mash, or the HP Fine or Extra fine, its easier for them to eat and not so much waste. My vet also recommended adding hot water to the HP Fine it is tastier the the mash. Sometimes I make it really thick and sticky and roll it into balls, like mash balls, they are still warm and then they can hold it if they don't take to the goopy stuff.

As far as the false bottom in the cage. I had a thick piece of cardboard, cut to size, that I zap strapped to the upper part of the cage. Bea wasn't that active so there was no worry she would chew through to the bottom. I will find pic of it.

I sure hope he is okay and it isn't anything serious.

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I just switched to fine instead of coarse. I did it by accident, I ordered the wrong size, but turns out he likes it more! Bite size, easier for him to eat, less mess :)
I hope he starts eating it soon :hug8:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I just switched to fine instead of coarse. I did it by accident, I ordered the wrong size, but turns out he likes it more! Bite size, easier for him to eat, less mess :)

thank you! I got both sizes to try.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
thank you! I got both sizes to try.

I just ordered the "fine" size. I hope Rocky will eat it :fingerscrossed:
I'll start by mixing some in her favorite dish oatmeal

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I just ordered the "fine" size. I hope Rocky will eat it :fingerscrossed:
I'll start by mixing some in her favorite dish oatmeal

how do you prepare the oatmeal? Is it the plain kind or flavored?

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
how do you prepare the oatmeal? Is it the plain kind or flavored?

Plain "rolled oats" in hot water- the quick one minute kind because I'm a lazy cook :lol:
The 5 minute or Steel Cut Oats are probably healthier but like I said, I'm lazy :)

I have one of those "hot water" machines (Hot Shot Water Dispenser) for tea or instant coffee- but since I drink neither of those I use it for the birds :D
separate drip coffee machine for me :fairy2:

oh back to the oatmeal----I use a small dish, with a little boiling water, pour the oatmeal in, stir, and she can't wait to get at it. You can make it thick or thin depending on what is preferred.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Nerd used to get night frights where he'd not no who I was or anything for a few minutes, plus he'd always be working one leg like it bothered him. He did that for his whole life off and on and he always recovered back to being Nerd fairly quickly and never had any lasting issues.
You can get a pan and tilt IP wifi camera that will do 720p resolution and has audio in and out so you can hear and even speak to him as well. They use micro sd cards to record to and you can access the live stream from a PC or any android device.
I picked up a Black Label cam for about 60 shipped and I use it to keep an eye on Dobby. I can move it around remotely and it has audio and works with my Tablet, phone, and PC here.
I also have a regular security DVR with 1080p cameras that records motion activated to a 1tb hard drive I added to keep an eye on the outside of my house and Dobby. That setup is way more spendy so unless you need or want a security camera setup get the cheap IP camera with a SD card and your good to go.
Seeing how it sounds like he never has any deficiencies after a fall I'd say something scares him or he has night frights like Nerd did but not as bad and if you can see what happens and sets him off to a fall maybe it's not as bad as it looks and something normal is causing them. I think in Nerds case he'd have his foot put away tight and wake up with his foot asleep and then totally freak out because it was numb and not working. As the feeling came back he'd stop freaking out slowly and once it felt right again he'd start chirping and eating like nothing happened.
The camera I bought
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0145HF8OG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Way less waste too!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Nerd used to get night frights where he'd not no who I was or anything for a few minutes, plus he'd always be working one leg like it bothered him. He did that for his whole life off and on and he always recovered back to being Nerd fairly quickly and never had any lasting issues.
You can get a pan and tilt IP wifi camera that will do 720p resolution and has audio in and out so you can hear and even speak to him as well. They use micro sd cards to record to and you can access the live stream from a PC or any android device.
I picked up a Black Label cam for about 60 shipped and I use it to keep an eye on Dobby. I can move it around remotely and it has audio and works with my Tablet, phone, and PC here.
I also have a regular security DVR with 1080p cameras that records motion activated to a 1tb hard drive I added to keep an eye on the outside of my house and Dobby. That setup is way more spendy so unless you need or want a security camera setup get the cheap IP camera with a SD card and your good to go.
Seeing how it sounds like he never has any deficiencies after a fall I'd say something scares him or he has night frights like Nerd did but not as bad and if you can see what happens and sets him off to a fall maybe it's not as bad as it looks and something normal is causing them. I think in Nerds case he'd have his foot put away tight and wake up with his foot asleep and then totally freak out because it was numb and not working. As the feeling came back he'd stop freaking out slowly and once it felt right again he'd start chirping and eating like nothing happened.
The camera I bought
Amazon.com : Black Label Cam BL2601 Plug & Play 720P HD H.264 WiFi camera w/ Pan & Tilt and Night Vision : Camera & Photo

thanks Terry, I'll go check your link out. Appreciate it!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Ask your vet on Monday about adding the enzyme to your formula. Could be a problem with absorbing the nutrients.
i already add it. probiotic too. I'm going to check out the camera links you and Terry so kindly gave me. thank you both!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
i fwded both the camera links to my OH so he check compatibility with our wifi. Thanks Terry and Sarah!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am sorry that he fell again. I hope that this issue will be resolved.